[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts & Consequences (Episode 12: February 2012) - page 493

What is gold denominated in, connoisseurs? In dollars or in what?

For example: GOLD = 1730.00 - I take a 0.10 lot and I have to deposit about 345 USD. (Leverage 1:100)

Luceus:

What is gold denominated in, connoisseurs? In dollars or in what?

For example: GOLD = 1730.00 - I take a 0.10 lot and I have to deposit about 345 USD. (Leverage 1:100)

the price in quid per troy ounce. $1,730 an ounce works out to $1,730 an ounce. This is a very expensive tool. I recommend using lots 10 times smaller than euR for example

If I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm of David 22).

But anyway it is not calm, in view of recent events, I was reminded of a book by Perelman - Amusing Mathematics, which I had in my childhood. It suggested that every man is half alive and half dead.
0.5*living person=dead person*0.5, 0.5-shorten and of course we get that living person is equal to dead one... The information flashed recently that - Greek treasury bills showed today fairy-tale yield of 639% and to my shame I gobbled it without looking the ticker, then kind people poked my nose and I calmed down, but calm down not for long.

Rarely have I paid attention to these indicators to my shame and may I be corrected by more knowledgeable people, but here the rise in the quoted value of the treasury bill is just an indirect attempt to hide the rise in interest, which would have looked just as enchanting. I took the price they started at about 41.37 and compared it to the recent maximum of 639 and got 1544% which is even worse )))))

Maybe that's not an accurate comparison. But once again, I'm just comparing the growth dynamism. After all, if we had only an increase in %, many of us wonder whether the country's GDP can service such %, and so the percentage seems okay, and the price has grown... well... inflation... So the above chart has raised a lot of doubts and thoughts that I decided to post here.

The situation of the dollar index indicates growth, gold is in a channel, the eurodollar enters selling, on Monday if there is no gap - if the current dynamics remains, sell. Profits to all.

solar:

If I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm of David 22).

But anyway it is not so calm, in view of recent events, I was reminded of a book by Perelman - Amusing Mathematics, which I had in my childhood. It suggested that every man is half alive and half dead.
0.5*living person=dead person*0.5, 0.5-shorten and of course we get that living person is equal to dead one... The information flashed recently that - Greek treasury bills showed today fairy-tale yield of 639% and to my shame I gobbled it up without looking the ticker, then kind people poked my nose and I calmed down, but calm down not for long.

Rarely have I paid attention to these indicators to my shame and may I be corrected by more knowledgeable people, but here the rise in the quoted value of the treasury bill is just an indirect attempt to hide the rise in interest, which would have looked just as enchanting. I took the price they started at about 41.37 and compared it to the recent maximum of 639 and got 1544% which is even worse )))))

Maybe that's not an accurate comparison. But once again, I'm just comparing the growth dynamism. After all, if we had only an increase in %, many of us wonder whether the country's GDP can service such %, and so the percentage seems okay, and the price has grown... well... inflation... So the above chart has raised a lot of doubts and thoughts that I decided to post here.

The situation of the dollar index indicates growth, gold is in a channel, the eurodollar is on the sell side, on Monday if there is no gap - if the current dynamics remains, sell. Profits to all.

Did you mean there won't be a gap to where! It's just that I was posting a screenshot there ) I mean I care about the gap )

MobileMan:

Did you mean there won't be a gap to where?! I just posted a screenshot there ) I mean I care about the gap )

down ... I had a sale myself for half a day (but heh discipline....., can't postpone it to the weekend) closed it anyway...

(sighs) . 13 billion dollars out of 130. The IMF is hedging against risks. The organisation will give Greece not even a third but a tenth of the second bailout package. So all that happened this week was a Europook into a puddle .

MobileMan

The GOLD tool seems to be only three times more expensive than EUS/USD.

I just don't understand how GOLD calculates the deposit.
EUR/USD is clear, 1.13130 > $131 as a deposit (0.10 lots). But it is not clear with gold... Why for example not 1730 or 173 dollars in pledge?

*misprinted*.

Luceus:

MobileMan

The GOLD tool seems to be only three times more expensive than EUS/USD.

I just don't understand how GOLD calculates the deposit.
With EUR/USD it's clear, 1.13130 > that's $131 as a deposit (0.10 lots). But it is not clear with gold... Why for example not 1730 or 173 dollars in pledge?

*misprinted*.

Who the hell knows, I haven't delved that deeply into mortgages etc.

solar:

down ... I had a sale myself for half a day (but heh discipline....., can't postpone it to the weekend) closed anyway...

(sighs) . 13 billion dollars out of 130. The IMF is hedging against risks. The organisation will give Greece not even a third but a tenth of the second bailout package. So all that happened this week was a Europook into a puddle .

So, I also salted from 3182 and closed at 3147. I didn't take any chances. Took most of it off and decided to take a cool risk.)

MobileMan:

Here is a screenshot of my high-risk GAP experiment ) ) It's either Kolyan or $$$)) But I earned enough this week to risk such an amount.

P.S. Don't try it again ) Life-threatening... ugh... depot )

Hello. Question, what broker do you work with and what slot do you work with? Why do I ask, because you have a total position of 9 lots and a deposit of 118 euros?

Sincerely Vsevolod.

lvsevolodl:

Hello. A question, what broker do you work with? Why do you ask? Because your total position is 9 lots and your margin is 118 Gs.

Regards Vsevolod.

Even from the screenshot it is clear that it is InstaForex. This is probably the only broker who has the contract size not 100 000 but 10 000, so a 9.0 lot is equivalent to 0.9 for a regular broker. But it's still a lot for such a deposit. I will check tomorrow night if I am lucky) Leverage 1:1000