Friday nonsense - page 8

Mathemat:

What great astronomers we have here...

The collision of galaxies is certainly not as direct a process as two billiard balls colliding. But it does happen. And our Milky Way is also expected to collide with Andromeda in about 5 billion years.

There will be relatively few direct collisions of stars, although there are about a few trillion each in both galaxies. This is simply the interaction of two gravitating clusters of matter. The main events will unfold near their central black superholes.

In fact, read about astronomy and cosmology ( here, for example): interesting things are going on there now.

It's just that I saw on Discovery that the galaxies are diverging because they were formed after the big bang, which happened everywhere.

lizzavet:

The galaxies will never collide. Probability =0. And they can't get any closer.

I get it, you're joking.)

No, I'm not kidding. :) I don't know anything reliable about this world. I can only speculate and live on the basis of revealed temporal "patterns".

Mathemat:

In fact, read up on astronomy and cosmology ( here, for example): interesting things are going on there now.

Thanks, but the link doesn't work for some reason. In fact, this site is quite interesting in the field of various sciences: http://www.membrana.ru/

tol64:

No, I'm not kidding. :) I don't know anything reliable about this world. I can only speculate and live on the basis of revealed temporal "patterns".

I see,) so we got cheated at school in astronomy )

lizzavet:

I see,) so we were cheated at school in astronomy )

There are more theories in astronomy and astrophysics than proven. This should have been mentioned first. :)

tol64:

In astronomy and astrophysics there are more theories than proven. This should have been said in the first place. :)

They didn't say that. I just remember that they said that the spectrum of galaxies shifts into the red zone - which means that they are moving away, and the farther the galaxy - the more the spectrum shifts, and therefore the higher the speed - so there was an explosion, etc.

lizzavet:

No such thing was said. I just remember that they said that the spectrum of galaxies shifts into the red zone - which means that they are moving away, and the farther the galaxy - the more the spectrum shifts, and therefore the higher the speed - so there was an explosion, etc.

That's one theory. There's also the "pulsating universe" theory and the "tired light" theory. We are very small, young and short-lived to know for sure. :) I personally make analogies between micro and macro all the time. So my theory, or rather just a hypothesis and unlikely to be proved in any way, is that...

I won't get into that now, though.)) You can look briefly at the profile. )))

http://www.cosmoportal.org.ua/ - a short summary of the main points.

http://novostinauki.ru - science news

tol64:

That's one theory. There's also the "pulsating universe" theory and the "tired light" theory. We are very small, young and short-lived to know for sure. :) I personally make analogies between micro and macro all the time. So my theory, or rather just a hypothesis and unlikely to be proved in any way, is that...

I won't get into that now, though.)) You can look briefly at the profile. )))

Yes, and we'll all die soon without learning anything (why live...)

Gone emo makeup(

lizzavet:

Yes, and we'll all die soon, without learning anything (why live ...(

I'm going to go emo for make-up(

No, you don't! You've got it all wrong! I'm sorry to have spoiled your mood, if that's really the case. Life is eternal! :) But sometimes it can also spoil someone's mood...

There. Once again, I'm convinced that you can't please everyone. )))

P.S. Anyway, most importantly, don't forget which thread we are in. It's always Friday. :))