1st and 2nd derivatives of the MACD - page 39

lizzavet:

For what simple reason?

It works sometimes, that's for sure.

That's the thing, sometimes. And it is impossible to predict when it will work and when it won't. The reason is the correlation of currency pairs. There is EURGBP=EURUSD/GBPUSD equality. Let's forget about spread, arbitrage and other stuff and consider the equality to be accurate. Suppose, according to the wave analysis, there should be an upward impulse on EURUSD. A downward impulse on EURGBP has not yet been completed. GBPUSD has not completed its horizontal triangle. So? Either the impulse on EURUSD will not be completed or it will not be possible to complete the figures on other pairs.

This is only 1 equality I have seen, and they could write all over the screen. Because of this constant struggle between the wave figures of different currency pairs, they all get distorted and turn into something incomprehensible.

Analysis is not always 100% mathematically accurate. And wave analysis is not the same as wave analysis. You cannot trade all the time. I am sure there are good signals. There are simply wave analysts who earn. And they put bandpass filters on waves and spectrum, etc.

lizzavet:

For what simple reason?

It works sometimes - that's for sure.

Wave analysis works like a stopped arrow clock. A couple of times a day.

Zhunko:
Wave analysis works like a stopped arrow clock. A couple of times a day.

With the general mega resonance?)

Zhunko: Wave analysis works like a stopped watch. A couple of times a day.

No, it doesn't. But to learn how to profit from it, especially on Forex, I would need a long study. Five years at least.

I tried it and realised it wasn't my thing: too many unformalisable factors.

Mathemat:

No, there aren't. But it takes a long time to learn how to earn it, especially on forex. Five years at least.

I tried - and realised it wasn't my thing: too many unformalisable factors.

So VA has more to do with magic than mathematics.

Terrorized the little brother -

in general says that it spreads the chart out into 5 basic sinusoids with adjustments on each bar. Entries are very rare.

And wave analysis gives him only about 4-6% monthly growth with minimal risks. But it is stable.

lizzavet:

Terrorized the little brother -

in general says that it spreads the chart out into 5 basic sinusoids with adjustments on each bar. Entries are very rare.

And wave analysis gives him only about 4-6% monthly growth with minimal risks. But it is stable.

Bring your brother here, we'll terrorise him too. Or is he already here?

gpwr:

Get your brother in here, we'll terrorize him, too. Or is he already here?

Hot iron won't do him any good to crack him.)
He's generally a reticent man and has never communicated on forums.

But he has racked up margins on forex and now trades currency futures on the CME.

AlexeyFX:

This is not a filter that can replace the MACD, if only because of the huge phase delay. I just wanted to show that you can get a filter with any desired characteristics in 5 minutes.

I just now looked closely and noticed a huge phase delay. You need to shorten the filter. The amplitude-frequency response will of course worsen. So the problem is: having a certain filter length (which will determine its group delay = filter length / 2), imposing the condition of symmetry of its coefficients (which will give us linear phase), find these coefficients to get maximum attenuation outside the bandwidth. And why not use the known weight functions?

I remember making up this filtering indicator long ago

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/11183

I especially liked Hahn's window. I am attaching the corrected version of the indicator. Here is the result (red - Hahn, blue - Blackman, green - Natal):

You can see the group delay equal to (Per-1)/2 where Per is the filter length.

Files: