1st and 2nd derivatives of the MACD - page 42

There is no noise in forex. At least I think so.

Zhunko:

I can't argue. It's not that obvious to me.

Every tick is significant. Especially in DC. Everything is already prepared by quotation filters.

Zhunko:
All people with one lot are noise in relation to people with millions of lots.

Zhunko:
Every tick counts. Especially in DC. Everything is already prepared by the quote filters.

And what was there before the quote filters?

If there was noise there, but after the filters there was no noise at all, what kind of wonderful filters are they?

Alexei (Matemat) posted statistics on price increments a long time ago. Almost everything there was a 1 point increment. That's the filter in the DC. Compare it with a normal quote flow. There will be ticks that jumped by 10 points or more. Why filter them out and call them noise? What the fuck for? You have to use them and trade them.

Zhunko:
Alexei (Matemat) posted statistics on price increments a long time ago. Almost everything there was a 1 point increment. That's the filter in the DC. Compare it with a normal quote flow. There will be ticks that jumped by 10 points or more. Why filter them out and call them noise? What the fuck for? You have to use them and trade them.

Euro today

Zhunko:
Alexey (Matemat) once posted some statistics about price increments long time ago. Almost everything had 1 pip increment. That's the filter in DC. Compare it with a normal quote flow. There will be ticks that jumped by 10 points or more. Why filter them out and call them noise? What the fuck for? You have to use them and trade them.

OK. Got it.

Apparently, you have to correlate the concept of noise with your trading style.

Someone can make 100 trades a day, and someone just a couple of long ones (in terms of time) or even less.

As long as we apply indicators, it seems clear what we are doing is getting (identifying) some specific quotient features.

And in the case of the filter. What are we filtering? What do we get, where does what doesn't make it through the filter go?

Vinin:

The euro today