1st and 2nd derivatives of the MACD - page 58

Mathemat:
Don't look at the median ones, show me the clones. Then I'll believe you.

Here are the closing prices - already on the 5 minute chart. yellow is the hourly waving 20. blue is 240 on the m5. The wave built on a smaller timeframe is lagging.

This figure gives normal trend signals))))

jelizavettka: Here are the closing prices - already on the 5 minute chart. yellow is the hourly waving 20. blue is 240 on the m5. The one built on a smaller timeframe is lagging.
You're showing something wrong, Lizaveta. An hourly chart on the M5 can't be that smooth. It will walk in steps.

Mathemat:
You're showing something wrong, Lizaveta. The clockwork on the M5 can't be that smooth. It will walk in steps.

No, that's right. The clockwork with a period of 20 - (yellow dots) is drawn accurately. The lag on the trend of the small timeframe is due to the pullbacks that the larger timeframe does not take into account.

jelizavettka:

No, that's correct. The 20-period clock (the yellow dots) is drawn accurately.
Okay, I'm sorry. I stand corrected.

Mathemat:

Are you doing a netting version or a lock version?

And second: is the swing period fixed - or can it change according to the situation?

Nobody. Two not weak mathematicians (both traders, but unbending nettingists) called me rude words, after which I got uncomfortable.

Netting, a small lot may be formed only on a break, when, for example, Bid has already passed through the level, while Ask hasn't, or vice versa. Damn, I spent 40 minutes on writing the Expert Advisor, now I will do something that I've never done here))) I am putting up a nice chart and a well-designed state))))

/Inserted my hat, lest someone think I was too selective - Mathemat/.

I had to limit the lot severely at the top, but it turns out it doesn't kill the system as in martin, on the contrary even))

Files:
pack.zip  367 kb

But P.z$&z is inevitable all the same)))

And I hoped to the last...

There is another option. I'll try it tonight. You're bound to like it, Alexey (both of you :) ).

Freud:

By the way, here's a thought.

If at the tick level you can predict the price by 1,2,3 points, let it not be useful in pipsing (the spread will eat everything)

But what benefit it may give in frequency analysis, in spectrum analysis.

I've been reading the posts... what were you doing with the macdi in the spectrum for anyway ?

Freud:

I don't think you have read the posts.

I think makdi is the coolest of the simplest indicators, or rather its derivative. By the way, the OSMA is almost the same as the magdi derivative in terms of characteristics.

They can be used both as trend and oscillator indicators. You want to use them as an oscillator. But you need to be very clear about why you want a spectrum decomposition... What's in it for you?