Interesting and humorous - page 24

IgorM:

http://www.hvuvipusk.narod.ru/gor.htm

That's funny, especially since I've heard some of those army affirmations from comrade Gorodetsky myself

"- Tidy up the remarks I pointed out."

That's a useful phrase, I'll use it. It will come in handy at work.

IgorM:

http://www.hvuvipusk.narod.ru/gor.htm

That's funny, especially since I personally heard some of those army afforisms from comrade Gorodetsky.

"It's not like going to the circus for a disco."

It's real enough, we used to have discos in the circus building two blocks away from the school.

"...a lot of methods of various forms of incomprehension." - I think it's about Swinosaurs, but no, more like Yusufs, while Peter's more like "...his head is not in his right mind."

и... that's... Let me apologize if anyone feels offended.

Eric Musambani, from Equatorial Guinea, was the most disgraced swimmer in the history of sport at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Suffice it to say that Eric learnt to swim three months before the Games, and then only doggedly.
Nevertheless, he managed to qualify in the men's 100 m as his two rivals, also from exotic countries, were disqualified due to false start.
That's where the funniest part started. At one end of the pool, Musambani had managed to swim all the way to the other end, with the rest of the swimmers having finished by then. On the way back, however, the African was barely able to hold his own.
In the meantime competitors from the next race were already crowding around the dock. Erik somehow managed to get to the edge, but set an all-time Olympic anti-record in the 100m.

IgorM:
Eric Musambani, from Equatorial Guinea, was the most disgraced swimmer in the history of sport at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Suffice it to say that Eric learnt to swim three months before the Games, and then only doggedly.
Nevertheless, he managed to qualify in the 100 m as his two rivals, also from exotic countries, were disqualified due to false start.
That's where the funniest part started. At one end of the pool, Musambani had managed to swim all the way to the other end, with the rest of the swimmers having finished by then. On the way back, however, the African was barely able to hold his own.
Meanwhile, competitors from the next race were already crowding around the dock. Erik somehow managed to get to the edge, but set an all-time Olympic anti-record in the 100m.

video of the famous swim

Oh, that's a nice swim, that kid... I'm jealous... I wish I could do that.
Why are those jerks laughing at the end? Could they have swum in the same time?

IgorM:
In the 2000 Sydney Olympics .....

Speaking of the Olympics.

================

===============

leonid553:

Speaking of the Olympics.

================

And how come there are so many birch trees...

The forests surrounding Sochi belong to the Colchis-type forests. In the foothill and mid-mountain zones, forest-forming species include oaks, hornbeams and beeches, the sweet chestnut, the Caucasian linden, the elm tree and the maple tree. In the second tier of the stand, seed trees(birch, pear and apple) and stone trees (cherry plum, dogwood and cherry) are often found.

Birch is present, but as part of the second tier....))))