The absurdity of a stop loss - page 16

kch:

TC, I personally don't use the included Metatrader, so I have no intention of showing anything either.

Z.U., There is no common cause...

kch:
what are we talking about? where is the example shown?

about red )

DhP:

You may be right in all you have said, but I am more comfortable entering and exiting without using stops.

Opposing signals both close the trade and reverse it 180 degrees.

As has already been said here in the thread: It's time to call things by their proper names - TakeLoss and StopProfit. And I like that idea, it's close to my heart.

There are places where it is preferable to :

1. to have a long position,

2. to have a short position,

And there are

3. Where it's better not to have any.

By turning around, you remove the third point and for nothing.

paukas:

There are places where it is preferable to :

1. to have a long position,

2. to have a short position,

and there are

3. where it is better not to have any.

By turning around, you remove the third point and for nothing.

Yes, that's right. The third point is not excluded. Two more confirmation signals are needed to enter (in my case).

DhP:

Yes, that's right. The third point is not excluded. Two more confirmation signals are needed to enter (in my case).
Sorry, misunderstood that they always unfold at the same time as the close.

DhP:

... But I'm more comfortable entering and exiting without using stops.
Opposite signals both close the trade and reverse 180 degrees.

Anything is possible, as long as you know where you will jump out if the position is already at a good drawdown and there is still no opposite signal from the TS. There are professionals who trade in a similar way (without using stop loss orders), but it is clear that this does not mean that they are waiting out the losses, just manually go through the market with a loss when they see that something is not right and all the limits allocated to the transaction are cracking at the seams.

For my TS signal to close an open position does not always mean that we need to open a new one in the opposite direction (it's hard to be constantly in the market))).

Anyway, once again, the conditions for withdrawal depend on the specific TS.

paukas:
And we come in at the end of this flat. And at the beginning we practice.
We train on the demo)). If we know where the end is, it means we know the beginning of the trend. It means we may enter without any training.

khorosh:
Practice on the demo :))). If we know where the end is, then we know the beginning of the trend. So we can enter without training.

It is possible. And standing under the arrow is also possible)).

You should enter and exit by the signals, while using SL is an admission that the TS signals are worthless. Only the investor should insist on the necessity and level of SL, while the robot must find the best entries and exits.

DC2008:

You should enter and exit by the signals, and using SL is an admission that the TS signals are worthless. ....

What a mess.

paukas:
The algorithm is simple. A stop loss is placed where there is a high probability of continuation in the same direction.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could draw an example of such a position?