The absurdity of a stop loss - page 20

Mischek:

If you continue with the trolleybus analogy (not a good one), it turns out that as soon as you entered the trolleybus, you are no longer able to get out until the next stop. You immediately saw that the trolleybus has turned and is going the wrong way and you kind of have to endure another 3 km until the next exit is possible. You have to get off at the moment you have found the fact that you have turned onto the wrong street.

Did it ever occur to you that that's what a lot of people use the SL for?

Mischek:

has it occurred to you that you don't need a stoploss for this?
has it ever occurred to you that this is the easiest and most convenient way for the vast majority of MT users to get off the "wrong trolley"?

Tantrik:
if you just wait you may get out without your wallet (you know pickpockets)

No, apparently Mishek means more to the concept of TC than I do, for example.
(as well as Peter in the concept of TA).

I personally am not able to predict the movement of a pair enough to not even put a stop...

but even he has a safety

Mischek:

...Petya tries to chew on this somehow crookedly but systematically falls into a salad and falls asleep....

+100500

Mischek:

Predicting a target (TA) is impossible in principle. You can state two things depending on your baggage.

Just as, indeed, it is impossible to predict SL. It follows that any SL and TP will be "artificial" giving no stat advantage.

I recognise only one type of SL- far defensive.

joo:

+100500

Just as it is impossible to predict SL. Hence any SL and TP will be "artificial" giving no stat advantage.

I recognize only one type of SL - distant defensive.

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/40354
Predicted SL, TP giving a stat advantage

Don't forget: be sure to put SL and trend your friend.

Demi:
https://forum.mql4.com/ru/40354
Predicted SL, TP giving a stat advantage
Where are the SL and TP predictions?

joo:
Where is the forecast there that I didn't notice.

When a position is opened, the SL and TP are immediately set. They do not change. The position is closed solely by them. Is the stat advantage positive?

He's not just picking them out of his hand - he's predicting them.

Demi:

When a position is opened, the SL and TP are set immediately. They do not change. Closing of the position is solely based on them. Is the stat advantage positive?
These are fixed stops and they will not work in the long run (the same ones) - they are fitted and therefore it is legitimate to fear the unpleasant moment X (in some other circles they say - moment P)