The absurdity of a stop loss - page 21

joo:
These are fixed stops and they will not work in the long run (the same ones).

))) How do you know? So there will be other stops. The main thing is that he predicts both stops and profit and this provides him with a stat advantage

Tantrik:

TP - 30pp. SL - 150pp. You can write two pages of green any day.

Two pages of green every day - how much is that?

Tantrik:
and how do you know what he predicts (he doesn't believe in TA)

he opens a position and puts up two levels. And so for nine months (or how long?). Nine months he puts in and opens a position out of the blue?

Demi:

two pages of green every day is how much?
I didn't say it would be every day (but you can choose a profitable one for the forum). Most likely every fifth day will be unprofitable (in the long term it will be 50/50 - spread) (in fact I have such a trade in my avatar on the first pages)

I don't have time to tear down the last ten pages, if not more.

Have some fear, this isn't the Talking Room!

So much flub and not a single chart. You should at least compare this one with stops and this one without. There would have been fewer words.

granit77:
I don't have time to tear down the last ten pages, if not more.

Have some fear, this isn't the Talking Room!

Deleted 19 messages behind me

Mischek:

Deleted 19 messages behind me
I'll pour when I meet you :))

here is the result without stops 0.1 lot without MM 1H test at 1M all ticks

what was the reason for the movement before 06.2004?

TheXpert:

I looked it up. From there it's this:

The mathematical expectation of "just" using a static stop loss = -spread/2, the same applies to take profit.

Doesn't follow at all.

MO of using SL == MO of using TP == ~0.

By using TP, you can increase the MO of the system without it.

Let me try again. So, for each change of position we give half of the spread (not counting slippages) to the intermediary - this is first of all. Second, triggering of TP (or SL) = = change of position. Thus, half of the spread has been taken from us, against our will. Well and thirdly, MO using SL and TP "no brainer" (I do not know how to put it more clearly), == ~0 without taking into account intermediary commission, and taking it into account ==-spread/2.

So if your TP has "brains", that's just fine.

Besides, there are different cases of TP(SL) usage where losing half of the spread can be justified.