The absurdity of a stop loss - page 11

Mischek:

obviously an insidious bloody foot chase.
ta no, some pips on the minutes.

Clearly demonstrates the advantage of entering on a flat break ))))

sanyooooook:
Where is the stop usually placed? Right at the nearest extremum, and the market sees that and does what it does - it tests that level, knocking down the stops that are there because it benefits from it.

I think this is a misconception, because if it were, nothing would stop you from placing stops at the next extremum, but you would still most likely get knocked down )))).

Figar0:

- A stop loss as part of a trading system is absurd and nonsense. In this case, there are options to replace it with something more profitable for our deposit.

Stop Loss is when you tell yourself "I'm wrong". Averaging? When you are a little bit wrong and then a few more times.) What other options do you have to replace it with?

ZZZEROXXX:

I think this is still a fallacy, because if it were, there would be nothing to stop you from putting your stops behind another next extremum, but you would still most likely be blown away ))))
Why put stops behind an extremum? Why not in front?

ZZZEROXXX:

In my opinion this is still a misconception, because if it were true there would be nothing to stop you from putting stops at another next extreme, but it would still most likely take it out ))))

That would be correct and correct if everybody was advised to place stops at the next extreme as well, everybody was taught to work against themselves. To immediately show the price at which they want to close the position at a loss.

If we know that a stop beyond the nearest extremum will be taken down, wouldn't it be better to put a pullback pending

like this

sanyooooook:
If we know that a stop beyond the nearest extremum will be taken down, wouldn't it be better to put a pullback pending order there?
Why would you put a stop on a pullback at all?

paukas:
Why would you put a stop against a movement at all?

why against, put on a general movement, but on a stop out. Do strong moves occur often? Mostly benefits from sideways.

If we go against it, the price often returns to the breakout level by testing it (i.e. pulling out stops of those who had triggered trawls).

SZZY: learn to keep in the crowd, a shoal of fish is easier to shred than to catch one by one.

sanyooooook:

why against, put on a general movement, but on a stop out. Do strong moves occur often? For the most part the advantage is sideways.

ZS: even if against, price often returns to the broken level by testing it (read: taking out stops of those who triggered trawls)

Nah. The Euro, for example, in the last couple of years, often does not return. It's going down the drain.