The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 475

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Of course, modular vortex gravity and sinusoidal trading due to cosine from staccangence.

Then there's counter-trend trading and the anti-Semitic joke about it, known for nearly a century.

Mentally healthy. Just a fool.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Mentally healthy. Just a fool.

I'm also joking - for some reason your signature's with a small letter.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

I'm also joking - for some reason you have a small letter in your signature.

and I'm small.

Wizard2018:

Purpose? Equilibrium, as with all things. Y=const It strives for this globally. By the way, being a complex system, in the process creating small, local "goals", on each dimensionality its local "zeros"

--

We can't control the wind of course, but we can set the sails correctly.

Knowing this, we can come up with a simple system -- we trade against any movement, helping the market to rebalance. It is rewarding. By swinging the pendulum, out of equilibrium, we lose energy, i.e. money. By canceling the oscillations and helping the market to restore equilibrium, we gain.

The more chaotic the system, the more it depends on initial conditions. All less experienced traders know that one spike can last forever (in terms of the amount of time it affects the main direction) and break the back of both those who open against it by moving in the opposite direction to the spike and those who follow the spike by enormously increasing volatility.
The words are beautiful and useful, but not before the first pole.
A good tale for those who think that the market zero ends where the imbalance began.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
The more chaotic the system, the more it depends on initial conditions. All the more or less experienced traders know that one spike can last forever (total time of influence on the main direction) and break the backbone of both those who open against it moving in the opposite direction from the spike and those who follow the spike tremendously increasing volatility.
The words are beautiful, and there is use, but until the first post.
A good tale for those who think the market zero ends where the imbalance began.

An empty set of words.

Alexander_K2:

Fuck... What a post!

Wizard, you expressed Truth in immortal words.

In a neighbouring thread you extolled the praises for exactly the opposite thesis: trade on the trend. Is it all God's dew?

vladavd:

In a neighbouring thread you extolled the exact opposite thesis: trade on the trend. Is it all a godsend?

Actually, in the next thread I suggested testing the "follow the trend" hypothesis, not singing a hosanna. How could I sing it, when I am a categorical opponent of such trading and very rarely use the expression "trend"?

But the post about market equilibrium is Something... Very strongly expressed the very essence of the market.

Hail to the Wizard!

Alexander_K2:
Actually, in the next thread I suggested testing the "follow the trend" hypothesis, not singing hosannas. How could I sing it when I am a categorical opponent of such trading and, in general, very rarely apply this very expression "trend"?

But the post about market equilibrium is Something... The very essence of the market is very strongly expressed.

Hail to the Wizard!

What's in it for you from the essence, which is expressed as unspecific as possible? It's like saying that in order to succeed in business you simply have to create demanded added value. This is correct, but useless due to too high a degree of abstraction.

It is impossible to trade against any movement without looking back, because any movement always exists in context and without its (context) evaluation the same actions will lead to very different results. I.e. we need: 1) to understand the position and direction of movements in the adjacent "TF" and thus the prospect of entering against this specific movement 2) to be able to identify the expected extremum of movement. What do you have for this? The first one is not even open at all, everything is counted on one chart. The second one is solved through the variance channel that signals very rarely, i.e. describes only a small part of the market. And you are going to trade (well, admire the idea) against any movement.

vladavd:

What's in it for you from a point that is expressed as unspecific as possible? It is like saying that to be successful in business you simply need to create demanded added value. This is correct, but useless due to too high a degree of abstraction.

It is impossible to trade against any movement without looking back, because any movement always exists in context and without its (context) evaluation the same actions will lead to very different results. I.e. we need: 1) to understand the position and direction of movements in the adjacent "TF" and thus the prospect of entering against this specific movement 2) to be able to identify the expected extremum of movement. What do you have for this? The first one is not even open at all, everything is counted on one chart. The second one is solved through the variance channel that signals very rarely, i.e. describes only a small part of the market. And you are going to trade (well, admire the idea) against any movement.

Few people realise that the phrase of "the great and terribly wise Wizard2018" "to help the market rebalance" in reality actually means being always in deficit😂
Just here the first rule of the club is not to ask clever questions and in any unclear situation shout "Amen!"
So you'd better shout "amen!" As soon as possible, Otherwise they'll throw tomatoes)

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
Few people realize that the phrase of the great and terribly wise Wizard2018 "help the market rebalance" in reality actually means being always in the negative😂
It's just that the first rule of the club here is not to ask clever questions and shout "Amen!" in any unclear situation.
So you'd better shout "amen!" As soon as possible, Otherwise they'll throw tomatoes)

There is wiser wisdom to buy at the troughs and sell at the tops. I suggest that everyone write it down on a piece of paper and hang it on your monitor :)