[Branch closed!] EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 4) - page 87

93408:

Yes, the tick volumes are different in different DCs, but I've never looked at them.

Although there is something in common ;).

And in general, as far as I understand, in forex you will never know any real volumes, even banks may not know them, and most likely they do not know, because trading is done simultaneously between a lot of market makers and even the instant price can (and is different) when trading through different brokers, if they get quotes from different sources. That is why there is no such thing as real volume in forex at all - no one exchanges such data in real time.

If you really want to, you can look at the futures volume - it certainly won't lie.

But qualitatively? For the purposes of analysis, it is quite possible to take into account the volumes shown by the DC.

I have the same picture with the volumes at this sharp move downwards, apparently, many orders of our broker's clients were triggered, which is easy to explain: The picture today is really unusual, especially, as the USD is rallying on a frankly bad fundamental news about Unemployment rate

(How lucky is the broker! To close such amount of differently directed orders - a gold mine: all counter deals are cleared inside the broker's accounts, and there is such a volume!)

megapey:

But qualitatively? For the purposes of analysis, it is quite possible to take into account the volumes shown by the DC.

I have the same picture with the volumes at this sharp move downwards, apparently, many orders of our broker's clients were triggered, which is easy to explain: The picture today is really unusual, especially, as the USD is rallying on a frankly bad fundamental news about Unemployment rate

(How lucky is the broker! To close such amount of differently directed orders - a gold mine: all counter deals are cleared inside the broker's accounts, and there is such a volume!)

here is a comparison: exchange volumes with your own (in your terminal), they are of course similar, but there are a lot of differences too.

galaxian2:

If you really want to, you can look at the futures volume - it certainly won't lie

Can I get the link? ;)

93408:

Can you give me the link? ;)

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/client/index.jsp

There is a free demo for a long time, sign up, download the software and look at the data. There is also a volume in Nienza, by the way. But they only give a demo for 30 days.

galaxian2:

Here's a comparison: the exchange volumes with your own (in your terminal), of course they are similar, but there's a lot of difference too

It's roughly similar :)

Not quite figured it out yet. Do you know if twinkoswim has an indicator to set supply and demand levels with horizontal lines on the chart?

andreika:

one already wrote about 1.72
the forecast is (1.43) there is no other, and these piglets moustachioed, blah blah everything will go away like foam from the shore. (Misha will come back and explain).

93408:

It's roughly similar :)

Not quite figured it out yet. Do you know if twinkoswim has an indicator for setting supply and demand levels with horizontal lines on the chart?

This is the first I've heard of it, is it LEVEL2? there is a volumeprofile in the studies tab, that's where you need to go ))

galaxian2:

this is the first time i've heard about it, is it LEVEL2? there is a volumeprofile in studies tab, that's where you should look for it ))

LEVEL2 they have a late arrival for freeloaders ))))))))

But volumeprofile is similar to MT4

I wish somebody would advise me how to react to this data ))))))))) I think I will ask Google.

http://quoteforum.ru/index.php?showtopic=2301 there's a huge profile thread on this forum, with photos and videos. And there's a branch on ribbon nearby, lots of interesting stuff too...just nothing to do with forex ))))