New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402 - page 12

sergeev:

and they also say that chickens are being milked in Kiev.

Thank you, too, for your informative answer.

d050501:
Thank you, too, for your informative reply.

You are welcome.

next time, please be more careful.

d050501:
Thank you, it really does seem to be about swaps. And regarding the over-spread, I honestly don't understand it. Isn't the spread a constant for each given currency pair at a given brokerage house?
The tester takes data about the spread at any given moment from the terminal, even if you work with four digits, then at the time of news and the low-volatility market the spread tends to expand. And I'm not even speaking about five-digit floating spreads. So in scalping strategies the readings will be completely different at different points in time. Google this forum with the key "take my spred even negative".

xrust:
The tester takes data about the spread at any given moment from the terminal, even if you are working on four digits, the spread tends to widen at the time of news and in a low-volatility market. And I'm not even speaking about five-digit floating spreads. So in scalping strategies the readings will be completely different at different points in time. Googling this forum with the key "take my spread even negative".

The price already takes the spread into account. 0.8490 is ask (whatever bid is at that time) and respectively 0.8504 is bid (whatever ask is at that time).

dimonsky:

The above code works fine.

But!!.. if you make just one correction, and make FileConst external parameter (add the word external)

then an attempt to close the Expert Advisor in a terminal window will cause a terminal crash!

I do not know what it has to do with it, but I've checked it dozens of times - if the parameter is external, the terminal crashes when deinitializing the EA.

Crash log below

Fixed it?

There is an interesting library in your crash log, see Renat's answer here.

Maybe the editor crashes as well, who has the problem, try it.

Found a strange behaviour in MT4.

I open an off-line history file with a non-standard TF... After opening, the file is cut down to 40% of its original size. Moreover, the bars are deleted selectively. It is always the same.

I tried it with all builds from 225 to 402. I used the name EURUSD20.hst. I have attached an archive with this file. I have tried it, maybe it is only for me.

I have the impression that MT4 is trying to sync it with the server. Disconnecting from the internet doesn't help. The number of bars on the chart is sufficient.

It is writing correctly. I am writing an entire array of structures. I am monitoring it in debugger.

Files:
eurusd20.zip  29 kb

Question for the developers (I apologise if this may be off-topic, but searching for more adequate topics didn't yield anything).

Is it possible to make the next build in the strategy tester so that when selecting "Save as Report", not only the picture with the main results in the form of a table is saved, but also:

1. Columns of optimized EA parameters are added to the table on the right, where their values are given.
  2. In addition to the name of the EA itself, parameters and their values which were not involved in the optimization process (as well as the initial balance) are listed in one sentence before the picture.
  3. And then, in the next sentence, the criteria (parameters and their values), according to which the optimization is performed, are written.
  4. I am begrudgingly asking for the report to be saved not in html format - the figure is separate from the page, but in mht format - as a single file.

I think many users will agree that these innovations would greatly facilitate and accelerate the optimization of Expert Advisors.

kiimar:

Question for the developers (I apologise if this may be off-topic, but searching for more adequate topics didn't yield anything).

Is it possible to make the next build in the strategy tester so that when selecting "Save as report", not just a picture with the main results as a table, but also:

Look at the topic Handling Optimisation Results in Excel. There must have been other solutions, I can't remember now.

Rosh:

Have a look at the topic Handling Optimisation Results in Excel. There must have been other solutions, I can't remember now.

Thanks for the link. It is a very handy thing. I didn't know it. But here is a slightly different aspect of the analysis problem - you need to quickly compare different optimizations, not the results of different runs within the same optimization, i.e. literally obtained images. For example, in the same browser switching bookmarks when faced with the problem of which optimization is in front of you. There is an option to write brief information in the file name. But it is inconvenient, unsightly and incompletely reflects the information. And it would seem to have it right there in the report file is the most natural thing that could be. Which makes it strange that it's not there. Unfortunately I did not find it on the forum, but I'm sure this "problem" has been raised more than once before. Although it would seem that it's not worth a penny.

Oh, and one more thing that not infrequently baffles me. For example, here is the result of optimisation of the Expert Advisor on 2 parameters.

The darker the colour, the greater the profit. Light cells - the profit is minimal. An unsophisticated user will think that empty cells (having "No result" tooltip) are a situation when the tester has stopped a certain run according to the specified optimization criteria. And he will be wrong. In fact, empty cells can also mean that the specified parameters have resulted in a loss, not a gain. That's why the following optimization picture is more informative:

It will clearly show where the Expert Advisor is profitable and where it is losing. This visualization allows us to better understand how the Expert Advisor works and more easily orientate in which areas we have to improve it.