ilan 1.6 Dynamic - page 5

AndreyIgorevich:
I want to modify the code so that ilan trades only during certain hours. For example from 6 to 9 am. I.e. when a trend is less likely. Who knows the best way to do it?
It is very useful to read FAC on this forum.
isTradeTimeInt - Returns flag to allow trading by time.

Read the whole thread and wanted to share my experiences with this EA. I've been testing and trading it for about a year now. What are the pros and cons .

1. Cons:

- The Expert Advisor really closes all positions at some point, and it does not matter if you have only three or eight open orders, as a result you get a big minus and start all over again

- it cannot withstand the movements of currencies in the range of 500-700 pips up or down, you need a large margin of deposit, and every currency pair has such a movement.

2. Advantages :

- It works very well when currency pair moves up or down . I worked very fast growth of my deposit on GBP/USD.

- The whole idea, the essence of this EA is that rapid growth of the deposit occurs precisely when the rollback orders to minus, followed by increasing the order by 1.4 and changing the TP. Here we should just be psychologically ready and even be glad of it because if the EA will open positions following the trend, the deposit will increase tenfold slower. And if we have the patience to wait so long?

For a cent trading account, there are certain tactics to quickly increase the deposit. I was just enjoying the movements of pairs when EA started adding more orders, and even a 500-700 pips movement on a cent account is a huge win. WHY?

Look - put $100 on the real account and get 10,000 cents - well, now that the drawdown code has fallen to 0, you can easily deposit another $100 (because it's not a large amount) i.e. $100-200-300 easy to save your deposit and when the movement turns around you get a very decent increase in depot. But it is more difficult with the dollar account - $10000 is $10000 and to withdraw the same amount is problematic and you need another tactic. I am writing publicly for the first time. I am writing publicly for the first time, so don't judge. I will answer your questions.

Good day!!!

I am a newbie, I opened a real account with this advisor (GPBUSD; 1:100; 0.05 initial deposit $200)

03.11.11 - 11.11.11 --- I earned $210 in profits.

Can you help me, now I trade like this: Wait until the balance increases to 300 - I withdraw 100 and so on all the time

I just need to learn how to limit the maximum number of open trades at the same time on this advisor, then in theory, the number of plums will be drastically reduced, it will be easier to trade (no need to constantly monitor the account and profits will increase

Thanks in advance!

Firedragon007:

Good day!!!

I am a newbie, I opened a real account with this advisor (GPBUSD; 1:100; 0.05 initial deposit $200)

03.11.11 - 11.11.11 --- I earned $210 in profits.

Can you help me, now I trade like this: Wait until the balance increases to 300 - I withdraw 100 and so on all the time

I just need to learn how to limit the maximum number of open trades at the same time on this advisor, then in theory, the number of plums will decrease dramatically, it will be easier to trade (no need to constantly monitor the account and profits will increase

Thanks in advance!

Hi.

You can use MaxTrades=10 parameter in your settings, it means that you will be able to open 10 orders at most. You can change it in any direction.

TEXX:

Hi.

There is a parameter in the settings: MaxTrades = 10; i.e. it can open 10 orders maximum. You may change it in any direction.

Yes, I changed it, I set it to 1 and EA still opened 3 trades .....

Firedragon007:
Yes I changed it, I set it to 1 and the Expert Advisor still opened 3 trades .....

Everything seems to have changed, I will be testing the new strategy from Monday...

And I'll report here how it's going. Thanks, TEXX, for the reply=))

Firedragon007:

Everything seems to have changed, I will be testing the new strategy from Monday...

And I'll report here how it's going. Thanks, TEXX, for the reply =))

I can tell you "what and how" myself :))))

Against the trend - pennies, against the trend - something, if the depo is enough for the drawdown ....

Better then take the 1.4 version, you can play with the MMType parameter, if you

it's better to take 1.4 version, you can play with MMType parameter, if you choose it correctly, the drawdown will not be too big (money-wise), look for description on the web....

Not bad for M5. The main thing is not to take too much of the initial lot.

Good luck!

TEXX:

I can tell you "what and how" myself :))))

Against the trend - pennies, against the trend - here is something, if the deposit is enough for the drawdown....

Better then take the 1.4 version, you can play with the MMType parameter, if you

it's better to take 1.4 version, you can play with MMType parameter, if you choose it correctly, the drawdown will not be too big (money-wise), look for description on the web....

Not bad at M5. The main thing is not to overdo with the initial lot.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll try both=))

Give up that ilan and all the others, write your EA, feel it out, find the weaknesses, finish it, or throw it away and start a new one.

IMHO: I prefer to understand what "my" EA does or doesn't do. And where I need to correct it, I do.

snail09:

Give up that ilan and all the others, write your EA, feel it out, find the weaknesses, finish it, or throw it away and start a new one.

IMHO: I prefer to understand what "my" EA does or doesn't do. And where I need to correct it, I do.

This is how it was, I ran it for a couple of months, looked at its pros and especially its cons, and then wrote my own. Now I sometimes run it on the real world.