[Archive! - page 551

moskitman:
It's been a while. I spent the first two weeks in terrible agony. Fever, insomnia, diarrhoea and tremors were just a taste. That's the hard way I got off a cigarette nine years ago. In a month I believed it was possible, in half a year I went out and laughed at the smokers. A year later I started to think about "running in the morning". A year and a half later I smoked in a restaurant. After two years, bought a pack again.
And now I want to do without those first-time nightmares.

I don't know how to explain it, apart from getting myself worked up.

I've been smoking for a little over three years now, after 20 years, I've just stopped, that's all.

It was unaccustomed at first, because the lifestyle had changed, but the diarrhoea and fever was too much.

I used to sit at the computer, do something, then get up and go out on the balcony. Then it takes you a long time to figure out why you're here.) But it's a long-term habit and it's automatic. But you quickly get used to it. The main thing is not to think about it.

You don't have to think about it when you quit and don't even think about cigarettes when you decide to quit.

moskitman:
Been there, done that. I spent the first two weeks in terrible agony. Fever, insomnia, diarrhoea and tremors were just a taste. That's the hard way I got off a cigarette nine years ago. In a month I believed it was possible, in half a year I went out and laughed at the smokers. A year later I started to think about "running in the morning". A year and a half later I smoked in a restaurant. After two years, bought a pack again.
Now I want to do without those first-time nightmares.

Nicotine-free cigarettes, nicotine patch, nicotine chewing gum, e-cigarettes, tried them all, didn't help (they are designed not to help, just business) this is what helps.

It's all bullshit. There was no reliable evidence and there still is none.

Then keep smoking, Alexei ) As long as it's not harmful, it's good for you.)

Mathemat:
It's all bullshit. There's no reliable evidence and there still isn't.

How is there no reliable evidence? :) I quit. :)

PS I don't have a doctorate on the harms or benefits of smoking, I just said what helped me quit, I leave the discussion on the benefits or harms of smoking to the connoisseurs.

After Dostoevsky, you're so keen on healthy living.)

That's not true, Misha. First I switched to a healthy lifestyle, then I read Dostoyevsky.)

All these scare pictures, gradual drop and replace techniques are just a way to spend money.

Doesn't work. My sample is a good one-- probably about 20 people who quit.

And the book, can't remember the author, does anyone have the facts ?

TheXpert:

All these scare pictures, gradual throwing and replacement techniques -- just a way to spend the dough.

The pictures are free...