[Archive! - page 549

elmucon:

Churchill drank cognac all the time and never let a cigar out of his hand - lived to be ~90

his secretary, can't remember his name, didn't drink or smoke - died at 40

So enjoy it while on earth - let's give it up in Heaven - especially as it is not there (probably - I cannot confirm - I have not been there yet)

:-) You understand one thing - a man interested in "HOW TO STOP SMOKING"! :-) but not about time of life with and without + some kind of enjoyment from cigarettes ...

So - here's the answer to the substance of his question, because I am, IMHO, the programmer.

P.S. And before I was not too keen on smoking - so ... for company... Mostly during banquets with occasional business talks with bridge-building, networking... maybe that's why I quit so easily. Now even when I'm high I don't crave it.

Quitting smoking is easier if you keep yourself busy as much as possible, of course with interesting work, and you should keep away from smokers so that they are not tempted.

Roman.:

:-) You understand one thing - a man is interested in "HOW TO STOP SMOKING"! :-) but not about the time of life with and without + some kind of enjoyment from cigarettes ...

So - here I am, answering to the essence of his question, because I am, IMHO, a programmer.

I understand it - but why strain yourself - someone tries to lose weight - someone quits smoking - someone has complexes and rushes to a surgeon to correct yourself and so on ...

I think it's all nonsense - live as you are while you live - because, as one personage Bulgakov said - "Man is mortal, and most unpleasant - suddenly mortal".

So why quit smoking if that's the way things are going.....

storm:
Quitting smoking is easier if you keep yourself busy as much as possible, and you should keep away from smokers so that they are not tempted.

Mark Twain wrote - "Quitting smoking is a piece of cake, I've done it a thousand times".

I'm going for a smoke ...

elmucon:

if this is the case.....

Congratulations on your successful trading!!!

Roman.:

Congratulations on your successful trading!!!

Thank you - but it's not me - it's the robot - he should be congratulated ... Heh. ...

FAQ:
And the avatar? ;)
It's Sherlock, he can't quit I guess.)

moskitman:

1. Which refills/cartridges are most similar to tobacco?
2. ... Or along with non-alcoholic beer, should I expect a rubber woman next New Year's Eve? ))

1. Such as...

2. It turns out that I was wrong in my previous post when I wrote that if you are OK with alcohol (as they say without fanaticism)... :-) as long as you have beer without alcohol ...

I have a codependent boyfriend who says I will not quit smoking, don't deprive me of this "joy" of life as well... Otherwise I am not responsible for myself and I might explode... :-)

moskitman:

I was given an electronic cigarette for the New Year by Grandpa Teplos (it's +12°C here, so I can't call him frosty=).

Anyone have any experience with this device? (Smokehouse after all).
Which refills/cartridges are most similar to tobacco?
Has anyone stopped smoking tobacco with ES or along with a non-alcoholic beer next New Year's Eve should I expect a rubber woman? ))

There is one method of getting rid of the bad habits that lead the soul astray, which may not be very fast, but it is very reliable.

This method is simple and known for a long time, even at the time of King Gorokh. But people have forgotten this "ancient" simple method. Sometimes "weirdos" come along and remind them of it. But again and again, people stubbornly try to forget it and not to remember it. And this way is keeping the commandments.

There are ten commandments. One should keep them in order, going from the first to the last. Of course you have to keep all ten. But you cannot keep the 10th if you cannot keep the 1st. That is, if you have improved in the observance of the first one, you can go on to perfection in the second one, if you have improved in the second one, go on to the third one and so on. That being said, you should try to observe all ten. And there is no limit to perfection. But the Ten Commandments are an advanced (advanced) way.

It is better to start with a simpler way - the Five Commandments. The rule is the same: from the first to the last.

1. Do not kill

"Loving living things and not harming them is the best cure for bodily suffering. Loving living things and not killing them(mosquitoes and flies too) is the ultimate key to a long life" (c)

2. Thou shalt not steal.

"Giving to people and not stealing is the ultimate secret to becoming rich" (c)

3 Do not commit adultery; 4.

"Refraining from sexual intercourse that makes you feel remorse in your soul is the key to building open relationships with people" (c)

4. Thou shalt not lie

"Refusing to lie is to know things as they are" (c)

5. Do not drink, do not smoke

"Abstaining from alcohol, tobacco and that which misleads the soul is what will enable you to live in this world of your own free will" (c)

P.S. My heartfelt congratulations to all Orthodox on the birth of the miracle Saviour! (Although I am not a Christian myself)