[Archive! - page 642

Roman.:

1. Happy holidays! Good health...

2. We must... must...

Thank you! That's nice.

2) Try it, if you don't like it from the first workout, you can always not go and they won't charge you. But generally in boxing the workload is higher than in, say, fitness. We have a practice once a week to work on apparatus (on bags). We do about 20 rounds of 2 or 3 minutes (depending on trainer's mood). With 1 minute breaks. There are rounds when it is necessary not only to hit, but also to jump with squats, to do "frog". There are five-minute rounds of consecutive series of punches, jumps, squats, etc. But I'm used to it even with my weight. Everything is achievable. The main thing is not to rush right away, don't gesture.

alexeymosc:

And I was scared... But this is not the Soviet Union, where boxing was tough, you could put an experienced boxer in the ring at the first training session. Plus, you don't go to a sports reserve, Dynamo or Labour Reserves. Even now they're so fucked up that you can't believe it. In our section, the workload was consistent, I began to go to the ring with the coach, he did not hit hard. I've had it up to a couple of times with a boy who also weighed over 100 and beat him severely and with an experienced one who beat me over the head about 20 times during a training session and then my jaw and nose hurt. My head was buzzing. But that just goes to show you have to defend yourself better. You get used to it over time, and it's fine.

But the danger of injury is there. You have to defend yourself, that's the first rule.

Ever thought of hitting a laptop with all your might? Try it 20 times.

No wonder your head's pounding.

DhP:

Ever get the idea of hitting the laptop with all your might? Try it 20 times.

No wonder your head is pounding.

I have.) Yeah, it's brutal, I agree. It's just, you know, I've been working as an analyst for six years, straight out of uni. Tired of crunching numbers, my head's getting heavy. I can't change my job cardinally yet. Sport gives me relief and a feeling of freedom. Of course, I try to take care of my head. I am aware that it is not happy when somebody hits it.) There is also the danger of retinal detachment, especially in myopic eyes.

The myopic eye is stretched horizontally, unlike the normal eye, by 1-5 millimetres depending on the degree of myopia. The retina is a thin film of light-sensitive cells that clings to the eye fundus in two places - near the nerve and at the periphery of the lens capsule. Otherwise, the retina is pressed against the ocular fundus by the pressure of the intraocular fluid. And in the elongated myopic eye, the connection to the ocular fundus is less strong. So, you MUST think about it before you go into boxing, or other impact sports. After all, the eyes give us 90% of the sensation of the outside world.

(I work in an ophthalmology company, so I'm aware.)

alexeymosc:

Came ) Yeah, it's brutal, I agree. It's just, you know, I've been working as an analyst for six years, straight out of uni. I'm tired of crunching numbers, my head's getting heavy. And I can't change my job cardinally yet. Sport gives me relief and a feeling of freedom. Of course, I try to take care of my head. I am aware that it is not happy when somebody hits it.) There is also the danger of retinal detachment, especially in myopic eyes.

The myopic eye is stretched horizontally, unlike the normal eye, by 1-5 millimetres depending on the degree of myopia. The retina is a thin film of light-sensitive cells that clings to the eye fundus in two places - near the nerve and at the periphery of the lens capsule. Otherwise, the retina is pressed against the ocular fundus by the pressure of the intraocular fluid. And in the elongated myopic eye, the connection to the ocular fundus is less strong. So, you MUST think about it before you go into boxing, or other impact sports. After all, the eyes give us 90% of the sensation of the outside world.

(I work in an ophthalmology company, so I'm aware.)

Most importantly, don't forget what the consequences of boxing were for Muhammad Ali. There are less traumatic sports.

khorosh:
The main thing is not to forget what the consequences of boxing were for Muhammad Ali. There are less traumatic sports.

And there are more. Like motorcycling.

The least traumatic is chess. Unless, of course, you walk with a horse, otherwise your ears would be unlucky.

I went to military school with Albert Abdurakhmanov (a Deghastan, I think), a master of boxing, and I always wondered how he slept with his face on his desk and his nose didn't bother him - by then there was nothing hard and everything was smashed to pieces.

That's another perk of boxing.

And the bath was a success. I'm high.

toast

Victims of social media

What's to come...