[Archive! - page 603

Mathemat:

Transport of an atypical element in fission does not yet indicate other life. The basis is still carbon DNA, no matter how you look at it.

Okay, bygones. The [sh]duck from joo didn't go away.

I disagree. What is the objective criterion for living matter? My answer is self-reproduction. And certainly not DNA. DNA/RNA reproduction is only one of the possible mechanisms for reproduction of similar structures.

My salutes to joo.

И? And we are going to be sold off quietly.

And there all the adequate people were winding down. And we have the same process in Russia right now - they are winding down. So we are waiting for a similar variant.

In summer we can even get by on subsistence food.

Down with autocracy of course, but running from life to politics... Shame on you, dear boy. :)

Also a moderator... ;-))

DDFedor:

Thank you. Quite a reasonable man. I respect that.
>

Mathemat:

One could only seriously speak of "silicon life" in the sense of self-replicating silicon-based molecules (DNA, RNA, etc.).

I agree with that. Well 98% roughly. :)

MetaDriver: I disagree. What is the objective criterion of living matter? My answer is self-reproduction. And certainly not DNA. DNA/RNA reproduction is only one of the possible mechanisms for reproducing similar structures.

My fireworks joo.

Well yes, self-reproduction. Am I arguing? It's just that in carbon-based life we don't know any other mechanisms yet. And we don't know any other life.

The criteria for life are still being debated. However, crystal growth is in any case very difficult to attribute to life.

Mathemat:

Well, yes, self-reproduction. Am I arguing? It's just that in carbon-based life we don't know any other mechanisms yet. And we don't know of any other life.

The criteria for life are still being debated. However, crystal growth is in any case very difficult to attribute to life.

I don't mind. :) I'm not very diligent about drawing the line between living and non-living at all. Consciousness, for instance (as you rightly pointed out - the very essence of life) I consider to be an inalienable attribute of all matter in general.

So inseparable that it is not a shame for me to say on the contrary: matter is an attribute of consciousness. For me, little changes from such a rearrangement.

Attribute - not attribute... Well, yes, intertwined to the point where it's very difficult to separate one from the other.

Mathemat:
Attribute - not attribute... Well, yes, intertwined to such an extent that it's very difficult to separate one from the other.

So don't separate for nothing. Who's forcing it?

:)