[Archive! - page 552

My daughter once gave me a book by Allen Carr about something about quitting smoking. I honestly read the cover and put it on the shelf. It stayed there until I quit smoking without it )). I gave the book to an acquaintance who still reads it and smokes.) Literally - she reads it during a cigarette break )) Her husband has given up smoking without the book and she's still reading it ))

I knew it (

rustein: How is there no reliable evidence? :) I quit. :)
Don't play dumb and put smiley faces where they don't belong. I was talking about reliable evidence that tobacco is the cause of all these scare stories.

Mathemat:
Thanks for the film, really enjoyed it!

alexx_v:
... I gave the book to an acquaintance and to this day she reads it and smokes at the same time.) Literally - she reads it while having a smoke break )) Her husband's quit smoking without the book and she's still reading it ))
I have not read it but people who have read it say that it says so - smoke while you read.
I have a friend who read it and smoked, then read it and quit.

Mathemat:
Don't play dumb and put smiley faces where they don't belong. I was talking about the credible evidence that tobacco is the cause of all these scaremongering.

Censoring emoticons... :)

Who cares what the illnesses in the pictures are caused by? I was talking about what helped me quit....

You like discussing pictures?

I find that when you decide to do/not do something, for example, decide not to smoke, the best way to achieve results is not to smoke. It's the easiest thing to do. Another thing is when people don't fully decide for themselves what they want or don't want - that's why they suffer. Because there are inconsistencies. And this I want to smoke but I want to give up smoking puts a brain cancer and gives money to writers of books, manufacturers of patches, gum, ES and other "crutches" which in essence three hundred years anybody does not need, well except manufacturers. If you don't want to smoke, don't smoke. If you want to smoke, smoke. How much easier can it be? However...

rustein: Censoring emoticons... :)

Smiley face again. It's not censorship. It's self-censorship. I'm not crazy enough to chase smiley faces.

What does it matter what the illnesses in the pictures are caused by? I was talking about what helped me quit....

OK, forget it. For you, it doesn't. And it doesn't matter what I wrote about the pictures at all.

I had two close relatives die of cancer, the doctors said cancer from cigarettes, I didn't do scientific research whether they were right or not, I just made myself believe them. And for me it doesn't matter if the diseases in the pictures are from smoking or not. For me the method worked. Do you see why there were smiley faces?

Or do you really think the moon only exists when you look at it?

PS I, without scientific justification, believe that smoking is harmful, and should help people quit, not sell them "how to quit smoking", or disprove the harmfulness of smoking, so I "made a fool of myself", and for your comment. I will censor myself next.

rustein:
I had two close relatives die of cancer, the doctors said cancer from cigarettes, I didn't do scientific research whether they were right or not, I just made myself believe them. And for me it doesn't matter if the diseases in the pictures are from smoking or not. For me the method worked. Do you understand why there were smiley faces?

No, I don't understand, I don't care if you cut me alive. What's so funny about the fact that you made yourself believe the doctors - with a perfectly plausible explanation on their part?

Or are smiley faces no longer smiley faces, but something else?