[Archive! - page 137

PapaYozh:

The resistance of the human body is about 1k ohm.

If you touched something, a current would flow through you:

0.04 V / 1000 ohms = 0.00004 A.

A current of 40 microamperes you wouldn't even feel.

No, it's the fact that the current is constant, by the way I was wrong about 40mV, it was fed to the anode.

There is a current = 150A flowing through K, I take it with my hands and a zero. Nothing will happen as a result (that's a fact, I checked). But if you take the coil of a light bulb (assuming it's not hot and not in a vacuum) and anything metal, it will kick up a bang, because the current is alternating.

Mischek:

and both wires into the socket

you can tell the voltage from the diameter of the pupils

by the colour of the cornea, the frequency.

An option, but you need a bystander.

A mirror to hold.

Europa:

No, it's the fact that the current is direct. By the way, I got 40mV wrong. It was fed to the anode. Here's the schematic.

There is current = 150A going through K, I take it with my hands and zero. Nothing will happen as a result (that's a fact, I've checked). But if you grab the coil of a light bulb (assuming it's not hot and not in a vacuum) and something metal, it'll go off, because the current is alternating

The voltage on this cathode is 6.3 volts.

...and I don't know how you got your hand on it.

Mischek:

and both wires into the socket

you can tell the voltage from the diameter of the pupils

by the colour of the cornea you can see the frequency

You wouldn't have been beaten on your hands with a chalkboard, or you would have known that the frequency of the net is determined by the tone of your mooing and the frequency of your teeth clattering.

Mischek:

Voltage at this cathode is 6.3 volts

h.s. You need to know resistance of tungsten (diameter=2mm. length=20cm. resistivity=h.s.)

Mischek:

...and I don't know how you got your hand on it.

The cathode itself is in a vacuum, but the terminals are on the outside... ...those thick, thick multi-strand wires that connect to it, so they don't melt from overheating.

You couldn't touch it, your hand would get stuck, it's as split as a light bulb's filament.

Europa:

h.p. you need to know resistance of tungsten (diameter=2mm. length=20cm. resistivity=h.p.)

You don't need to know all that. First the voltage and then the amperage. I guess Daddy's getting tired of explaining it.

6.3 is the most common standard

granit77:
You wouldn't have been beaten on your hands with a chalkboard, or you would have known that the frequency of the net is determined by the tone of your mooing and the frequency of your teeth clattering.

Yeah, and the Cos φ of an electric motor by the presence of smoke in the hair

Oh, they're stoned!

About the birds is when the line is 110 kV 380 V. You can hold one wire with both hands if you wear dielectric boots, or better yet, wear dielectric gloves and wrap yourself in OZK:)