EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 3) - page 300

Tantrik:

After the past cataclysms (I can't remember where I read that) the yen was falling and for a long time.

Situations are different now... in '95 Japan didn't have 200% GDP debt, there was no China stepping on its heels... There was no global crisis, etc... and factories didn't really shut down.

Look at the Nasdaq... if it went down in '95 and is going down now... it's not going to go to zero... )))

Alexsandr76:

Situations are different now... in '95 Japan didn't have 200% GDP debt, there was no China stepping on its heels... There was no global crisis, etc... and the factories were barely shutting down.

Look at the Nasdaq... if it was going down in '95 and it's going down now... it's not going to go to zero... )))

Vyazovsky cites the example of the 1995 earthquake, which was sadly memorable not only for Japan's economy, which went into a deflationary spiral, but also for the oldest bank in England, Barings Bank (1762-1995), which suffered most from unfounded expectations of a quick recovery of the Japanese stock market and has consequently sunk into oblivion
"The Japanese 1995 scenario could happen again this time", warns the analyst.
Japan's public debt is currently over 200% of GDP and the budget deficit is approaching 10% of GDP, and money must be borrowed urgently and in large quantities to rebuild the country. "It is obvious that money for the third economy in the world will definitely be found, but then the rating agencies will start to downgrade the country, which will provoke capital outflows, and for a country struggling with deflation for the second decade, this could be a fatal event," says Vyazovsky.
The stagnation of such a large economy, which has significant weight in the international market, will affect others as well. China in particular, which, like other exporting countries, will suffer because of declining imports. "And China is already the world's second largest economy, whose stagnation will have an even harsher impact on the rest of the world," Vyazovsky concludes.
Anchorinvest analyst Andrey Zakharov adds that Japan is a major importer of raw materials (5-6% of global oil consumption), including from the US and Saudi Arabia. "A massive earthquake could reduce demand for oil, metals and other commodities, and trade relations with China, Taiwan and the US could be disrupted, which would also affect global economic growth," he says.

Could someone please calm down EuroAustral. I understand - he has north space on the horizon, but he needs to correct as well :)

And Soros remains silent... but he left his mark on Japanese history, just as he did in 1995:

Soros' next blow came in Japan. From mid-1995, the yen began to soar against the dollar, from 128 yen to 78 yen per dollar by the summer of 1996. When in 1996 most major Japanese companies showed zero or even negative profits, the yen had to be revalued in order to make Japanese products cheaper and more competitive. How did Soros benefit here? He bought 110-120 yen to the dollar and bought back dollars for 80-90 yen. More than twenty percent profit! From the sum of 15-20 billion dollars, which was needed to swing the market, an excellent sum went to J. Soros and his associates.

At the same time the Japanese dream of turning Japan into a global financial centre, a rentier country that would be raking in expensive coupons from previously granted loans, was bursting.

By the way, the world press, both English-speaking and Japanese, ignored Soros' "Japanese march" and pretended that nothing had happened at all.

margaret:

J. Soros and his associates.

don't forget what circles he hangs out in and what information he gets from it... it's not just about his lv...

So it finally became clear with Yusuf and his turkey....and how the kids were looking at all the pictures of him)))

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/38834/page107

Vizard:

So it finally became clear with Yusuf and his turkey....and how the kids were looking at all the pictures of him)))

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/38834/page107

Thank you! I see... I don't use such indicators at all... But Yusuf intrigued me with this indicator, because I couldn't understand it (how it works)... I looked at it for a while, I'm a fan of riddles, but then... I thought, I can't understand everything... The feeling was like the proverb: "I'm standing on the asphalt with my shoes on, or skis are not pulling, or I'm ....".

margaret:
Thank you! I see... I don't use such indicators at all... But Yusuf intrigued me with this indicator, because I couldn't understand it (how it works)... I looked at it for a while, I'm a fan of riddles, but then... I thought, I can't understand everything... The feeling was like the proverb: "I'm standing on the asphalt with my shoes on, or skis are not pulling, or I'm ....".

we're all puzzlers here... and that's a good thing...

Vizard:

we're all puzzle fans here... and that's a good thing...

2011.03.18 02:05:40 *Japan Finance Minister Noda: G7 agreed on joint intervention

2011.03.18 02:10:14 *Noda: We will announce the volume of intervention in two months

2011.03.18 02:09:26 *Bank of Japan Governor Shirakawa issued an emergency statement
2011.03.18 02:10:43 *Noda: Intervention from 00.00 GMT was by Japan
2011.03.1818 02:12:44 *G7 to intervene with Japan on currency market - G7 statement
2011.03.18 02:21:24 *G7: US, UK, Canada and eurozone will join Japan in intervening on currency market on 18 March