Strategic foresight systems - page 29

Especially with 20 years of family savings at stake...

;)

Addendum:

If someone bought himself a Lexus, it doesn't mean he's rich.

Maybe he's been saving for three months...

FION:
Judging by the image you may open 4 lots at 5000 deposit. Do you think such a risk is acceptable?

There are several reasons for this:

1. the main testing work is done in the "hidden" mode

2. Testing in the online mode allows us, along with standard testing methods, to feel the system on our fingers, and this is always useful.

3. I want to check the "scale effect" of the forecast on several quotes at once

4. A little extremes may not hurt, the epiphany comes quicker :o)

First few days after the date of opening are not the most pleasant, because of large drawdowns and it is not clear whether I have correctly use this time interval. Now I am developing lot optimization algorithm, it is clear, that the first entry with minimal lot, then increasing it and this should be set in correspondence with expected profit, risk evaluation, estimate of entering error and evaluation of trend length. Not all the pieces are in place, so for now one lot.

It's clear that while I'm testing - I'll drain a few demo accounts. This is normal. And there are some reasons that the system is not very bad even if the first demo accounts may fail.

and 0.1 would be a lot.

Wait a minute to draw conclusions, on the 10d horizon the average trend duration is in the 14-17 day range (this is a rough estimate, no exact statistics have been collected). Today is only the second day of the opening, they will still be messing with their fluctuations.

You'd better tell us your estimation on NZDUSD.

to Mathemat.

It may be just an extreme testing of the system for marginal stability.

I want to check the "scale effect" of the forecast on several symbols at once. Of the 4 open ones, one has to keep the system afloat, and then the rest will follow, if the error is not too big.

Farnsworth:

Wait a minute to draw conclusions, on the 10d horizon the average length of a trend is in the 14-17 day range (this is a rough estimate, I have not collected exact statistics). Today is only the second day of the opening, they are still going to fiddle with their fluctuations.

It's true, isn't it!

;)

Farnsworth:

There are several reasons for this:

1. the main testing work is done in the "hidden" mode

2. Testing in the online mode allows us, along with standard testing methods, to feel the system on our fingers, and this is always useful.

3. I want to check the "scale effect" of the forecast on several quotes at once

4. A little extremes may not hurt, the epiphany comes quicker :o)

First few days after the date of opening are not the most pleasant, because of large drawdowns and it is not clear whether I have correctly use this time interval. Now I am developing lot optimization algorithm, it is clear, that the first entry with minimal lot, then increasing it and this should be set in correspondence with expected profit, risk evaluation, estimate of entering error and evaluation of trend length. Not all the pieces have been put together, so, for now, one lot.

It's clear that while I'm testing - I'll drain a few demo accounts. This is normal. And there are some reasons that the system is not the worst, even if the first depo will be lost.

I don't get it... Feeling it on your fingers is super. I'll be thinking long and hard...

It's true, isn't it!

You see, I don't sell a system, and I don't sell signals - so I don't lie :o))) (sort of a joke)

;)

And yes, only 2-3 days later it will be clear, in what kind of fucked up situation I got :o) And in general, FION is right, it's too extreme and not justified. But now it's safe with any outcome. :о)

FION:
I don't get it...

Then why the fuck did I try and write... :о)

Feel on your fingers - that's super. I'll be thinking long and hard...

it's a literary enhancement, I must have overdone it... :о)

Farnsworth:

Then why the fuck did I try and write... :о)

it's a literary amplification, I must have overdone it... :о)

The article New article in MQL5: Small, Intermediate and Main Trend Indicators - MQL4 forum can help you, and you can measure the length of trends with a zigzag.

FION:
The article New article in MQL5: Small, intermediate and main trend indicators - MQL4 forum can help you and the length of trends can be measured by a zigzag.

Look, either I'm so shitty at explaining, or you just don't read. I don't need to measure anything in history. I am writing about a future trend, which is what I am trying to measure. When I started this thread, I thought it would be interesting to discuss strategic forecasts and trading on different systems online, from now to the future. You see, I don't need to "help" by giving something that isn't very necessary and not very useful (as in my understanding, maybe for someone else it's just grail).

If you offer your vision for the future on 'days' - that's a good place to start the conversation.

Farnsworth:

Look, either I'm so shitty at explaining, or you just don't read. I don't need to measure anything in history. I am writing about a future trend, which is what I am trying to measure. When I started this thread, I thought it would be interesting to discuss strategic forecasts and trading on different systems online, from now to the future. You see, I don't need to "help" by giving something that isn't very necessary and not very useful (as in my mind, maybe for someone else it's just grail).

If you offer your vision of the future in the "days" - that's a good place to start the conversation.

That's for the waveliners, I don't believe in predictions. Where it goes, that's where I stand. So good luck with the predictions. All trends are in the past.)