Combining trend and flat strategies into one TS = grail? - page 7

kch:

You can just assume for yourself that a flat (channel, flag, triangle and other "uncertain situations") is a reference point for a new swing (trend), and then decide on the direction of the swing, the targets (tr, sl), the holding time (if not reached tr or sl), the MM and go ahead to trade.

It has been said before, however, I will note: The "best" thing a flat strategy can do is not to pour in a trend, a trend strategy not to

not to pour in a flat. When you combine them (of course, it depends on what kind) it may (most likely) increase disadvantages of each and reduce advantages: due to filtering - the result will be "total sinker", but not a grail:-)) Why combine the incompatible? "Each" should do its own thing, when both "+" and "-" are compensated - not a bad option - when they are "directly" combined both will lose.

P.S. Why "flex out" when everything is fine as it is. On the other hand, if you have the desire and time, then why not...:-))

Tantrik:
When the programme identifies a flat - it will already be at risk of termination.

Is the beginning of a new trend (swing) always preceded by an "uncertain situation" in the form of a flat, a flag, etc.? ??? That is, trend reversals do not occur immediately?

Roman.:

It's already sounded that way, nevertheless I'll note: The "best" thing a flat strategy can do is not shedding on a trend, a trend strategy not

pour in a flat. When you combine them (of course, it depends on which one), the disadvantages of each may (most likely) increase and the advantages decrease: by filtering - the result will be a "total sinker", but not a grail :-)) Why combine the incompatible? "Each" should do its own thing, when both "+" and "-" are compensated - not a bad option - when they are "directly" combined both will lose.

P.S. Why "flex out" when everything is fine as it is. On the other hand, if you have the desire and time, then why not...:-))

Well, as an objection - there are lots in MT! Next, the TS is trending, let the profit hang in there - waiting for growth, a flat started. And this flat lasts for 2 weeks, what should we do - swaps are ticking?

kch:

Is a new trend (swing) always preceded by an "uncertain situation" in the form of a flat, a flag, etc. ? ??? I.e. do trend reversals not occur immediately?
Almost never - a good trend starts with a V-shaped reversal (to reduce the number of passengers)

I suggest that you use the simple effect of volume accumulation as a criterion for a flat (if you really need to identify it). If the accumulated volume exceeds a certain amount of standard deviation over a given time horizon, then we are in a flat.

C-4:
I propose to use a simple effect of volume accumulation as a criterion for a flat (if you need to identify it so much). If the accumulated volume exceeds a certain value of standard deviation on a given time interval, then we have a flat.

Please use formulas to explain if the tick volume is available (non-informative) or the volume of transactions is not always available (may be used).

Imho - the notion of trend and flat can only be considered within the framework of a particular TS.

C-4:
If the accumulated volume exceeds a certain amount of standard deviation over a given period of time, then we are facing a flat.
So is it a flat or a reversal?

How about this: let's say there is a confident earning flutist, with a drawdown on the position, we conclude that a trend has started, and start adding to the position against the trend, or fix the loss and switch to a trending strategy ...

ChachaGames:
How about this: let's say we have a confidently earning flier, with a drawdown on position we conclude that the trend has started, and start adding to the position against the trend, or fix the loss and switch to a trending strategy...
i think it's better and safer to wait out a flat than to scale in against the trend, so imho, without going too deep, it's better to have a confidently earning trend-finder and wait out the flops ))

kch:
It seems to me that it is better and safer to wait out a flat than to go against the trend, so, imho, without going into details, it is better to have a confidently earning trend-follower and to wait out the flops ))

Totally in favour. 90% right. Like in the movie, "What's your credo?"

- "Always!"

P.S. "... better to have a confidently earning trend-follower and sit out the flop" while "chopping dough" (but not sitting out the flop) in the channel by a confidently earning flat-follower :-)))