Combining trend and flat strategies into one TS = grail? - page 9

ChachaGames:
how to tell the difference between a FLET and a TREND???? :)

How do you distinguish a trend from a flat? (can i have a picture?)

Support and resistancelevels, both horizontal and inclined, create channels and areas along which price moves, either up, down or sideways :)

Roughly speaking, my understanding of a trend is to keep one of the resistance/support lines intact and a flat is to ping-pong between them

ChachaGames:
Roughly speaking, my understanding of a trend is to keep one of the resistance/support lines intact, while a flat is a ping-pong between them

what do you do when you have touched (or closed below) the support line and the next day you go back up ?

If ping pong, maybe we should switch to another TF, it may well be that there is no ping pong there.

kch:

aIf ping pong, maybe you should switch to another TF, there may well be no ping pong there.

And if you go back to the old one, there's ping pong.

Believe people after that.

Doc, I'm having trouble seeing. I close my eyes, I can't see anything. When I open them, I can see (c) Arkady Raikin

Reshetov:

And if you go back to the old one, there's ping pong.

yeah ))))

And if you don't jump to other TFs and stay on one (where the ping pong is), then apparently you have to look at the stories, what happens after the ping pong, when one side misses and how far and fast the ball flies away... ))

kch:

What do we do when we touched (or closed below) the support line and the next day we come back up again?

If ping-pong, maybe we should switch to a different TF, there may be no ping-pong there.

That's what I mean :) in one case a flat strategy will work - in the other - a trend strategy

The eternal nerd argument: flat or trend, egg or chicken, Windows or Linux

And the result is always the same: all opponents are scolded, spat upon and humiliated, and it is not clear who is right and who is wrong.

ChachaGames:
That's what I mean :) in one case a flat strategy will work, in the other - a trend strategy

We may be in a trend but we don't know when it will end or may have already ended, that's the problem ...

kch:

We can't really tell if we're in a trend or not, and if we are, we don't know when it's over or if it's already over, that's the problem...
There's no problem. The problem is when a moose instead of a tick or Kolya Morzhov instead of a waiter.