Combining trend and flat strategies into one TS = grail? - page 8

kch:
It seems to me that it is better and safer to sit out a flat than to go against the trend, so, imho, without going into details, it is better to have a confidently earning trend-finder and to sit out the flat ))
So, I have been writing for half a year already, he catches trends, it is good, he earns on them, but he is losing money on a flat, "the sacred question how to distinguish a flat from a trend?"I haven't decided for myself, for fun I made my Expert Advisor trade it "inside the trend", it turned out that there is more flat in the market, and although it started losing while trending, it started earning more, while trends come to an end sooner or later, so I think maybe I should trade against the trend in its presence, but earn on the flat?

Roman.:

Totally pro. 100% to the point. Like in the movie: "What's your credo?"

- "Always!"

- "Learn Kisa..."

you must have read my post inattentively, I assumed (a perfect earner on a FLET) and a loser on a TREND, but cannot tell one from the other, although the reverse is also possible, but how do you tell the difference between a FLET and a TREND???? :)

ChachaGames:
So I have been writing a trend-follower for half a year now. Yes, it catches trends, it is good, it earns on them, but it is losing on a flat, "the sacred question of how to distinguish a flat from a trend?"I did not decide for myself, for the fun of it I made the Expert Advisor to trade it "within the trend", it turned out that the flat is more in the market, and even though he started to lose on the trend, but it began to earn more, and trends, they end sooner or later, so I think maybe it is still against the trend in his presence to trade, and earn on the flat?
The difference between the trend and the flat is very simple. Leave 100 candles of the working timeframe on the chart, go out to 2 meters and look. If there is no doubt - then it is a trend, if there is - then it is not

C-4:
I suggest that you use the simple effect of volume accumulation as a criterion for a flat (if you really need to identify it). If the accumulated volume exceeds a certain amount of standard deviation over a given time horizon, then we are in a flat.

If possible, more details, if it is not a "secret of Madrid", because it is not clear... the topic is interesting.

paukas:
The difference between a trend and a flat is very simple. Leave 100 candles of the working timeframe on the chart, move 2 meters away and look at it. If there are no doubts - it means a trend, if there are - it means no
It's easy to analyze the history, it's true :) you just need to know if you are in a flat or trend on the 0 bar, the trend direction is unimportant

paukas:
The difference between a trend and a flat is very simple. Leave 100 candles of the working timeframe on the chart, move 2 meters away and look at it. If there are no doubts - it means a trend, if there are - it means no
"...If there are no doubts, it means that the trend is in..." ends and it starts either a pullback or trend in the other direction, or a flat :-)) - this is where there is "no doubt" :-)))

ChachaGames:
It's easy to do on the history, it's true :) we just need to know if we are in a flat or trend on 0 bar, the trend direction is unimportant
And trends come to an end sooner or later, so I suggested that since we're waiting for a flat, maybe we should go against the trend and add some losses? (of course the MM is tight)

ChachaGames:
But trends end sooner or later, so I suggested that since we're waiting for a flat, maybe we should go against the trend and add to the losses? (of course MM is tight).

Yes, really, now I understand what you mean (I'm slowing down a little), but it's dangerous - 2H 2008 - says a lot - there are long irreversible movements... needs MM and more...

Roman.:

Yes indeed, now I see what you mean (I'm slowing down), but it's dangerous - the 2nd half of 2008 speaks volumes - there are also long term no-return movements... You need MM and not only ...
What about M1 timeframe? The trends are short there :)

ChachaGames:
What about M1 TF? The trends are short there :)

PIPSO rules - that's for Slava... :-)))