Forum Annals: Quotes of the day - page 52

SofTAA:
The annals are turning into a black hole

Not so literally.

Zhunko 01.02.2012 22:50
Pyro:

Good day to all!

As far as I understand Global Variables are stored in file on disk. Is this file is called with each call of GlobalVariableGet ? I.e. if status of GV is checked on every tick, will GV file be opened 4000 times per hour and won't it make a hole in disk ?) Thanks in advance colleagues.

And it is at the moment of reading this file that the burn power of the disk increases. You have to watch where you put the disk. It is possible that when the disc is burnt, the deadly beam will start to incinerate whatever is behind the disc. Do not place the disc near flammable liquids!

By the way, my 2 out of 2 predictions DID come true, and closed on the TP.

Dr.M.: By the way, my 2 out of 2 predictions DID come true, and closed on the TP.
Do you think this fact is worthy of the Annals? Unless you're serious about this result...

Mathemat:
Do you think this fact is worthy of the Annals? Unless you take that result seriously...
I'm fantasizing, of course, but, Lyosha, how would an editorial like this sound: By the way! Two of my predictions came true and closed on TP!
That would be strong. Borges' "Garden of Diverging Paths," as it were...

===
Pelevin has one version of the title of his novel Chapaev and the Void - "The Garden of Diverging Paths". ))))))))))))

Svinozavr: "Borges' Garden of Diverging Paths, no less...
It's been a long time since I read Borges.

Mathemat:
Ahh, it's been a long time since I read him, Borges...
It's about time, Alexei! It's about time: Borges, a sultry Argentine tango, Astor Piazola. The hips of the dress falling down with the support of a partner. And - tomorrow - on the march for a fair shake. -25 Celsius.
Coming? )))

Well, it won't be -25, it'll be -13 or something. I'm not going anyway. But you go and tell me. I think I'll read Borges.

Figar0 06.02.2012 20:33
Sergey11:
We need a function which allows to set up an alert on a moving average. If the price crosses the moving average, or if the price touches the moving average, an alert will be triggered. We do not need to manually move the alert after a moving average and the alert should move automatically after the moving average. Sergey

I have to go and get a beer. Sergey

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/137968/page5

Andrei01:

To calculate the initial deposit, you need to know the maximum drop in the deposit, not the equity.

Andrei01:
The value of the initial deposit drop and the margin call are not always related to the equity drop. Therefore adequate calculations cannot be made based on this.