Diablo - page 14

nikelodeon:
Yeah, now the course has gone backwards by just a few pips and the profit is gone. In other words, if you don't close in time, you're screwed :(((( You have to exit on time again.... And the profits are coming in through the nose. If we go with the trend, we get the right orders, and others eat up half of the profit, and when the rate goes in the other direction, that's it.... ((((. But I'm thinking of doing something about my strategy. It could make a lot of sense....
There is no idea in fact. Everyone probably drew such grids "when they were young").

nikelodeon:
it is not quite clear when the whole bed needs to be closed????
After the profits have been made.

OnGoing:
Ran it in the tester, it's losing more often than it's picking up. It all depends on the price trajectory. In other words, it all comes down to "predictions" again.)
The system itself cannot lose money in principle. If you close orders manually, without waiting for profit, or without giving orders to close on Take Profit - then blame yourself, not on Diablo.

nikelodeon:
I argue that even if the system does not go beyond the orders and turns around, we will very quickly fall back to the initial level of balance, or even below it. We need to organize "Breakeven Trailing" that is to set the level of losses so as not to fall below the balance, I understand it somehow, and so ....... the trend will turn around and it will be hell, and you have a lot of positions open in the other direction. It's a total mess. We need to think about an exit.....
The balance may decrease, but the final result will still be a profit or zero in relation to the initial amount.

OnGoing:

By the way, the first 2 levels (closest to the price) are useless at all. If both are triggered at once, they only eat up 4 spreads.

That is why they can be at least placed at a minimum distance from each other, otherwise the price just idly walks these two levels without any profit.

Besides, we are asking to close these pairs using CloseBy. It would be a saving of 1 spread on each.

But it would be if the whole idea was working of course, but it is not worth wasting time IMHO.

After passing the first two levels to one side, two inverted orders are closed with a minus of one step, the first straight order has an uncommitted profit of two steps, the second straight order has an uncommitted profit of one step. If we close all the orders at this point, we get +2 +1 -1 -1 = +1 net profit step. Do the math carefully.

nikelodeon:
Yeah, now the course has gone backwards by just a few pips and the profit is gone. In other words, if you don't close in time, you're screwed :(((( You have to exit on time again.... And the profits are coming in through the nose. If we go with the trend, we get the right orders, and others eat up half of the profit, and when the rate goes in the other direction, that's it.... ((((. But I'm thinking of doing something about my strategy. It could make a lot of sense....
Not half. For example, the price has passed five levels. The loss on closed inverted orders equals -1 * 4 = -4 steps. The profit is +1 +2 +3 +4 = +10 steps! Total +10 - 4 = +6 steps of net profit!

As I understand it, this system will not work in offices with floating spreads. Or you should make an EA to place a pair of orders from the market when the price (even if bid) hits a certain level where the script puts it.

It doesn't work at all) You shouldn't, dear TC is denying the obvious.

I recommend to check for yourself and make sure my words are correct.

It's not that we close early, the price went one way to the end and even further, selected all orders, closed something. The price was not in the black and went further.

We do not know when the price will decide to go back and use the lower orders. Maybe, it will come back in a year. The fact that it will profit on the remaining orders is not a guarantee since it has "eaten" and lost profit on one side.

I meant the first 2 levels - the ones on both sides of the price. I must repeat, the price does not always move as we intended it, quite often it bumps out exactly those 2 orders at once before it moves in any direction.

In general, as I said before, there are a lot of price trajectory options, and it's all alchemy to try to predict its movement.

JonKatana:

Thank you very much - it really is a highly profitable grail. I am amazed at your inexhaustible energy and creativity, you are a real creator of new profitable strategies. I wish you further success in the forex market.

khorosh:
Thank you very much - it really is a highly profitable grail. I am amazed at your inexhaustible energy and creativity, you are a real creator of new profitable strategies. I wish you further success in the forex market.

That's kind of how you got it so...banged up???? What the fuck is a high margin strategy? I don't see it.