how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 13

Svinozavr >>:

Это вы Советнику втолкуйте - мож вкурит и будет для вас автоматом по графическому анализу ордера открывать.

Речь об МТС идет. Ручками-то мне по большому счету вообще ничего не надо, кроме цен. Могу и без индюков, если в чистом поле с похмелья на чужом нетбуке.

I'm not talking about terms. It's just, I draw all sorts of stuff and only trade on it.

tara >>:

Да я не о терминах. Просто, рисую всякую всячину и только по ней торгую.

А... Do you indicate a flat on your lines? But the price was going down (and still is going down). You won't argue with it. Eventually you trade by prices, not by your ideas about them.

Well, then there is something wrong with your GA - it is inadequate. There's room for improvement. It's the same as always.

Svinozavr >>:

А... у вас по вашим построениям флэт индицируется? Но ведь цена, как ни крути, вниз шла (и идет пока). С этим-то вы спорить не будете. Вы ж конечном счете по ценам торгуете, а не по вашим о них представлениям.

Ну, значит, что-то не то с вашим ГА - неадекватен. Есть что улучшать. Это как всегда.

That's for sure.

Svinozavr >>:

А... у вас по вашим построениям флэт индицируется? Но ведь цена, как ни крути, вниз шла (и идет пока). С этим-то вы спорить не будете. Вы ж конечном счете по ценам торгуете, а не по вашим о них представлениям.

Ну, значит, что-то не то с вашим ГА - неадекватен. Есть что улучшать. Это как всегда.

It's going down.

It's just flat for now.

tara >>:

Она вниз и пойдет

Просто пока - флет

Yeah, it's more than 100 pips down. What's not flat for you on M1? )))

However, it depends. If you like to consider what happens to be a flat, do so.

And I'm going to bed. Bye.

Peter, that's a nice turntable you've got there, just a sight to behold.

Mathemat >>:
Петр, хороший у тебя индюкатор, просто заглядение.

It's nothing particularly supernatural. A normal unsymmetrical channel. You can use asymmetric stochastics, MA with detected trend parameters, etc. There are different methods.

Maybe, if I get around to it, I will post it in the base. I will have to comb it out. Well, it's like always with me - a lot of unnecessary code, parameters, etc. Working points, in a word. It works and it's better not to touch it. There even seems to be a rule.)) How does it go... Don't trouble troubles until troubles trouble you. Which translated means, don't trouble... ))) Or don't stir up trouble... Well, I don't remember... ))))))))

Neveteran >>:
к стати мысль о том, что ... привязка к волотильности ..., уже звучала, но дальше ночь - день, тема не пошла

Volatility ? Well, let's say it is easy to determine volatility over a period, but how do you qualify that period as a flat and not, say, a complex correction in which the oscillatory movement can also be double: Q - N - Q - N - Q ?

Foxter wrote(a) >>

Volatility ? Well, let's say it's not difficult to determine volatility over a period, but how do you qualify that period as a flat and not, say, a complex correction, in which the oscillatory movement can also be double: Q - H - Q - N - Q?

Smoothing readings.
movement can also be double: B - H - c - n - B if you count ticks every 30sec or 1min, but if you count them in 5min?
This would cause slight lags, but quite acceptable for determining global trends.

Agreed. Smoothing will give a more general movement pattern. However it is not very serious to base it only on one criterion - volatility :) And as additional qualifiers we can use the moments when the price hits the "ceiling" several times, thus marking a horizontal level - a sign of a flat.

Who may implement it in the code?