[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 502

Also from the Olympics. It makes me want to tell you where to put it...

(7-10) The summer of 2010 was very hot in many regions of Russia
. How should you measure a person's temperature with an ordinary mercury thermometer
when the ambient temperature is several degrees higher than the expected temperature of the person at
?

(8-9) Petya and Vasya play the stock market. Some days are good, and on those days Petya's capital increases by $1,000 and Vasya's capital increases by 10%. Other days are bad, so Petya's capital decreases by $2,000 and Vasya's capital decreases by 20%. After a while, Petya's capital is the same as it was at the beginning. And what happened to Vasya's capital: did it decrease, increase or remain the same?

(10-11) Vasya answers Vyet's theorem: "The sum of the three coefficients of a square triplet is equal to one of its roots and the product is equal to the other. Examiner: "Wrong". Vasya: "How can it be wrong? I checked for a randomly chosen trinomial and it worked. What trinomial could it be if its coefficients are integers?

8-9 has decreased. But in the case of a normal strategy (Petya + 100000 say) Petya is nervously smoking on the sidelines, looking at Vasya's deposit :)

Mathemat:

(10-11) Vasya answers Vyet's theorem: "The sum of the three coefficients of a square triplet is equal to one of its roots and the product is equal to the other. Examiner: "Wrong". Vasya: "How can it be wrong? I checked for a randomly chosen trinomial and it worked. What trinomial could it be if its coefficients are integers?

Yes any, as long as the discriminant is less than zero.

Mathemat:

(8-9) Petya and Vasya are playing the stock market. Some days are good and on such days, Petya's capital increases by $1000 and Vasya's capital increases by 10%. Other days are bad, so Petya's capital decreases by $2000 and Vasya's capital decreases by 20%. After a while, Petya's capital is the same as it was at the beginning. And what happened to Vasya's capital: did it decrease, increase or remain the same?2009

Our topic is called: "Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trading".

You are strictly warned for not following the theme.

Mathemat:

Also from the Olympics. It makes me want to tell you where to put it...

(7-10) In the summer of 2010 in many regions of Russia there was a very strong heat wave. How should you measure a person's temperature with a regular mercury
medical thermometer if the ambient air temperature is several degrees higher than the expected temperature of the person?

Dirty physiology doesn't fit into our clean topics either. Where are the moderators looking.

;)

MetaDriver:

Dirty physiology doesn't fit into our clean topics either. What are the moderators looking at.

;)

Where everyone else is looking - at the thermometer.

granit77:
Which is where everyone goes - to the thermometer.

Take it out already.

Mathemat:

Well, as one of the options I got.

-2x^2 + 4x + 0 = 0

Roots 2 and 0 are equal to the sum and product.

for a free term not equal to zero I don't want to think yet =)