[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 410

moskitman:

no one will ever fly anywhere

physics, 8th grade, second quarter, even though it was written by ninth grade Hans Christian Andersen, it's still physics...

inside a sealed vessel, please, the vessel itself, no way...

will fly, but not much, if all flies (i.e. 1.5 kg flies in a flask) from the very bottom of the flask accelerate and smash into the very top of the flask (the cork may be knocked out), then the flask may bounce

In case the cap of a flask will fly out, each fly with certain speed (this speed can be calculated), will have to move in the opposite direction to the movement of the flask (jet engine, you know), but before it turns the flask in the right direction.

moskitman:

no one will ever fly anywhere

physics, 8th grade, second quarter, even though it was written by ninth grade Hans Christian Andersen, it's still physics...

Inside a sealed vessel, please. The vessel itself, no way.

Alas, it will fly. Imagine there is a man standing inside the balloon with a Makarov pistol. The balloon has no mass and is bulletproof. The man shoots vertically upwards. The question is, will the balloon bounce?

The correct answer is that it will. I used to work in paramilitary security. Our service weapons were Makarov pistols. At the lessons, the chief told us that if a bullet fired from a Makarov hits the chest, it is true that it throws a man back, as it is portrayed in the movies. This bullet is not designed blunt for nothing - it has a stopping effect. That is, at the moment of contact with the opponent's body, the bullet is much heavier than the weight of a person. So from the shot inside the balloon, the weight of the bullet is enough to make the balloon bounce.

In perfect synchrony, one and a half kilograms of fly, directed by the impact of the air column vertically upwards will make the balloon jump, as the force of the impact will be one and a half kilograms, while the weight of the balloon itself is only 1 kilogram.

We have proved the bounce, but how do we prove levitation?

Richie:

I've already gone to bed :) A flask is a confined space, so no matter how the flies fly there, it won't fly. Theoretically, flies can fully compensate for their weight by their tremendous speed, but this is practically not realistic.

Forget the fly flask. Think about how the molecules (or atoms) of a body have to move for the body to lose weight. The movement of molecules is a bit like the lust of the price: 'there is a lot of movement', but 'there is not much result'.

For a body to lose weight (as long as there is gravity), the body must move parallel to the vector of gravity, in this case falling, then the total weight of the system (flask) will be almost zero, and while the flask is falling, flies can manoeuvre and call it a flight )

Yeah, I can't sleep with you. Let me rephrase the problem a bit. Almost all of us are sitting in a computer chair right now. Lift your feet off the floor. What do you have to do to make the chair ride the floor with you? You can't push off with your feet. Sorry, you can't spit, you can't throw a mouse...

In short, how do you move without interacting with the external environment?

Richie:

I've already gone to bed :) A flask is an enclosed space, so no matter how the flies fly there, it won't fly. Theoretically, flies can fully compensate for their weight by their tremendous movement speed, but that's practically not realistic.

Forget the fly flask. Think about how the molecules (or atoms) of a body have to move for the body to lose weight. The movement of molecules somewhat resembles the lust of the price: 'there is a lot of movement', but 'there is little result'.

I have a different question, is this even possible?

I don't know how to make a vessel levitate, but I know how to make it explode - it requires physically spinning the gas inside the flask to such speeds that the electrons fly out of their orbits. This generates a lot of energy. This is called the cavitation effect. The flask will explode.

Richie:

Yeah, I can't sleep with you. Let me rephrase the problem a bit. Almost all of us are sitting in a computer chair right now. Lift your feet off the floor. What do you have to do to make the chair ride the floor with you? You can't push off with your feet. Sorry, you can't spit, you can't throw a mouse...

In short, how do you move without interacting with the external environment?

Fart a lot, you get a jet engine)

:)

I don't have a chair on wheels, so I can't check what happens if I wiggle my legs. But I could imagine a man in a boat. Kicking his feet won't make the boat float. Otherwise we wouldn't need oars either :))) So you're asking me, what would a man have to do to make a boat float without oars? I don't know if that's possible. Maybe you're just a genius and you know something we don't?

drknn: But I imagined a man in a boat....

Also a good idea. Or an astronaut in space.

The action of such engines can only be based on the exploitation of non-linearities. The possibilities of "linearities" are unfortunately exhausted. Think about it. Till tomorrow.

Well that leaves vibration then, molecules do move in space somehow, but still they do so quickly from interaction with the outside environment.