[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 202

sever29 >>:
как с помощью открытого источника огня вскипятить воду в баклажке

You can boil it in paper too. The paper won't catch fire because the water won't. I checked it myself once with gas.

Why does a square or rhombus made of bread not change its shape when it hits the wall?

I mean cube or icosahedron?

Mathemat писал(а) >>

You can boil it in paper too. The paper won't catch fire because the water won't.

but how do you put a needle in the water so it doesn't go to the bottom?

sever29 >>:

а как иголку на воду положить, чтоб она не пошла на дно.

Flatten very gently and dip beforehand in oil.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

You can boil it in paper too. The paper won't catch fire because the water won't. I tested it with gas myself once.

You mean cube or icosahedron?

That's why I'm asking these questions, I've been to the zones.... I've been in and out of the penitentiary, and they've been solving prisoners' riddles over a cup of tea.)

Practically any figure, let it be a square, why it does not change its shape when it hits the wall, of any force, when it bounces back as if it did not hit the wall.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Flat out, very gently and dipped in oil beforehand.

I didn't know about oil... I put it down on a mirror of water on cigarette paper, it would swell up and sink and the needle would lie there... it's fun to point it at someone later.

sever29 >>:

Я почему эти вопросы задаю, на зонах побывал.... с проверкой

Yeah I've already guessed that :)

Socks - probably by first stuffing them with sand, thinning them in the middle and wrapping them around the grill. Not like that?

sever29 писал(а) >>

How do you put a needle in the water so it doesn't go to the bottom?

If you use paper, the paper will get wet and the needle will sink, but it will stay there. How do you re-saw a slat? It's tempting... A couple of axes and the bank is mine. I'll be dreaming all night. >> I guess they're unraveling the thread and rubbing, not abrasive, but the pressure's on.

OK.

Here found it on wikipedia, you can clearly see how the inner ring of the bearing spins faster than the cage:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/BallBearing.gif

Interestingly, a bearing can be made into a gearbox, though with very low efficiency :)

kraizislot писал(а) >>

The paper will get wet, the paper will sink and the needle will remain on the water. How do you re-saw the lattice? It's tempting... A couple of axes and the bank is mine. I'll be dreaming all night. They probably unravel the thread and grind, not abrasive, but pressure level.

you guessed it :) they untwist the thread, twist each one, then twist it in two, twist it again, then twist it again, twist it, the thread is always under a lot of tension.... >> they're quilting toes with one toe.)

Yeah, convicts sure do have a lot of intelligence.