"Trees don't grow to the sky" - page 59

ZS :

from the same thread: "Buy and hold".

girl - Ann Scheiber - in 1944 invested in Merrill Lynch - $5,000, when she died in January 1995 at the age of 101 her investment turned into $20,000,000 quid - $20,000,000

Joseph Robinson - made 2 investments in '55 and '56 for $4,000, now dividends are $637,682 a year :-)

well, about a couple of say - Donald and Mildred Othmer, in early 1960, gave his friend at $ 25,000 (friend's name was Warren Buffett) - in 1998, their contribution was valued at $ 800,000,000

--- etc etc....

if not you, then your kids and grandkids will enjoy the fruits of your labors.... In 100 years or so, your kids won't have to work, but will be able to lie down and spit in the ceiling :-) Remembering your great-grandfather with kind words ...

or wait for the next crisis in 2018 or so, and invest a lot in cheaper stocks - 3-4 years after that, sell them for 20-50 times more :-) - i bought raoEs in 1998 for 14 kopecks, but 5 years later i sold them for 22 rubles :-) the same thing happened in early 2009, at Sbere, i bought them for 20 rubles... later sold it for 100-103...

i am looking forward to the next financial crisis in russia so that i can start buying cheaper assets six months after it starts :-)

LeoV:

I agree. The question remains - why doI need it? )))
Another option - all your life you invest, create your fund, and after death you freeze your head - with a will to sew a new body in about 200 years - your fund will grow and scientists will solve the problem of anabiosis... ...and you'll be a happy man :-) lying in the future... ... and spit in the ceiling :-)

Aleksander:

Same as "buy and hold."

Why are you any worse? If not yourself, then your children or grandchildren will taste the fruits of your labours.... ..

I am looking forward to the next financial crisis in russia so that after six months of its onset I can start buying cheaper assets :-)

I don't think that's possible in our country. Why not? Because it will be stolen a lot faster than you can imagine ))))

Tales of the miraculous transformation of 5,000 into 20,000,000 do not apply to Russia. Or rather, they apply, but not to you and me. They apply to those "especially close to the emperor". We're as far from the emperor as we are from here to lunch )))).

Aleksander:
another option is to invest all your life, create your fund, and after your death freeze your head - with a will to sew a new body in about 200 years - the fund will grow during this time and scientists will solve the problem of anabiosis... ...and you'll be a happy man :-) lying in the future... ... and spit in the ceiling :-)

I'm ready to agree with you on the condition that we recognize this forum not as a forum for realist-programmers but as a forum for fantasy dreamers)))

LeoV:

Where to find that magic "fixed pamm"?
I am answering the question of the thread. And whoever has a stationary PAMM, keeps his mouth shut.

faa1947: Whoever has a stationary PAMM is silent.
Why not? It contradicts the essence of a PAMM - whoever has a stationary PAMM should actively advertise it, so that as many investors as possible invest in it, although of course this value has a limit ))))

LeoV:
Why not? It goes against the essence of a pamm - whoever has a fixed pamm should actively advertise it in order to get as many investors to invest in it as possible, although of course this value is marginal ))))
Stationary pamm and perpetual motion and need no advertising.

Aleksander:

ZS :

Same thing: "Buy and hold".

girl - Ann Scheiber - in 1944 invested in Merrill Lynch - $5,000, when she died in January 1995 at age 101 her investment turned into $20,000,000 quid - $20,000,000

Joseph Robinson - made 2 investments in '55 and '56 for $4,000, now dividends are $637,682 a year :-)

well, about a couple of say - Donald and Mildred Othmer, in early 1960, gave his friend at $ 25,000 (friend's name was Warren Buffett) - in 1998, their contribution was valued at $ 800,000,000

--- etc etc....

Famous tales from the books.

I suggest you count those people who invested, decades ago, and lost all their money. Then you can calculate the percentages of winners and losers. I have a hunch the percentages will be even worse than the one at the most crook brokerage house.

There is no free cheese in this business and there can't be. The arithmetic is simple. If two people get $800,000,000 from the market, then millions are parting with their few hundred quid.

paukas: Stationary pamm and perpetual motion and need no advertising.

And how do people recognise their heroes? )))

In order to get money for your statistical pamm, you need to at least explain or advertise that it is a statistical pamm and not a x-eta from under your fingernails )))).....

LeoV:

And how do people recognise their heroes? )))

In order to get money out of your statistical pamm, you have to at least explain or promote that it is a statistical pamm and not a h-net from under your fingernails )))).....

The people know everything. You can't beat a pig in a sack.