Poll : Closed club of expert writers - who's in favour? - page 11

What are you trying to protect? Coding in trading without a money-making trading idea is worthless. Selling automation or semi-automation "tools" without a working idea is cheating customers. All that I have met on the web offering for money does not contain the trading idea at all, or it is just an idiot that does not work. It is from the coders who offer their galleys that people should be protected ;)

There is no sense in selling something of real trading value.

bidrio >> :
Yeah....... You guys have a great sense of importance.

In high school, 21 out of 24 of our class had an exaggerated ego. Over the years -- I can say with certainty -- reasonable.

Maximus_genuine писал(а) >>

I suggest that in addition to the club create an "independent" rating agency.
and with detailed instructions, what to do with the members of the club?

Let's start educating the consumer).

Here is the most common misconception. Nothing can be guaranteed when trading on markets. There is no such thing as a grail as far as philistines are concerned, believe it or not. If they are possible, they should cost comparable to a money printing press, not tens, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars. And who would sell them, why? What is for sale are tools for automating certain trade and analytical operations. The trouble and problem of sellers is that they consciously overestimate the characteristics of sold goods in the pursuit of a buyer and an extra quid, and sellers and buyers suffer for it.

You can cut sausage with a knife, or hurt your finger with a knife, but if the knife is sharp, the steel is hard, it is able to perform all necessary actions, there are no defects, it did not break within the specified period, there should not be any complaints to the manufacturer or seller. In fact, any EA can both profit and lose - depends on the settings, the symbol, the market situation, etc.

The task of the seller is to provide the product without errors, with a detailed user manual explaining the product strengths and weaknesses, and not to rub glasses and not to fool the buyer. The buyer's job is to understand both the product and the field in which he is going to use it.

Figar0 >> :

The salesman's job is to provide a product without errors, with detailed instructions explaining the product's strengths and weaknesses, not to rubbish the customer's glasses and not to fool them. And the buyer's job is to understand both the product and the field in which he is going to use the product.

Sergey, you have a perverted view of the market of advisors which is very pernicious for business. :))

Can we discuss the options of software code protection?

Because the verbiage of those who are for and those who are against is already boring.

For those who are for: Let's discuss the subject of protection.

For those who are against: Imagine if tomorrow you will become those who are for.

Of course, I understand that there is no perfect protection, everything can be decompiled quickly and easily, thanks God there is a tool for this too. But as many of you may have noticed it is also commercial. So maybe we should start discussing how we can protect ourselves from this danger. To be more precise, the author of the decompiler offers the way of protection as well, maybe somebody has this way?

HIDDEN >> :

Of course, I understand that there is no perfect protection in principle, everything can be decompiled quickly and easily, thankfully there is a tool for this as well. But as many of you may have noticed, it is also commercial. So maybe we should start discussing how we can protect ourselves from this danger. The author of the decompiler offers the same way of protection, maybe someone has this way?

Ok, as a seed, we should make decompiling (at least the mql part) have no effect. This can be done.

Avals писал(а) >>

Selling automation or semi-automation "tools" that don't have a working idea is cheating the customer.

Not if the customer gets what he wants and what it says on the "box". A couple of years ago I wrote for my friend two simple scripts, one that sets pending orders at a specified time with specified step, the second one that closes all the orders at certain conditions. To my mind it was bullshit, and when I saw 90% of the profitability of the order a year later, my jaw dropped... I've never seen such stats with a serious deposit until now. And I did not even take money for these scripts, limited myself to a beer and a book as a gift).

It's just the thesis that any "fool" who has bought an Expert Advisor without knowing what and how it works and what the market and trade are, can become rich, is fundamentally wrong. Look at questions that people ask trying to make money trading the markets, what is Ask and Bid, why does the broker overlap and what is it, what is a leverage... You cannot make money easily, you can only lose it.

TheXpert >> :

This can be done.

For example, I don't see other options except for DLL + server + Expert Advisor. But this is all a temporary measure, decompile and fix the connection with the server, DLL is also ripped off in pieces and the obtained code is added to the Expert Advisor by standard means. What are the options? Is it possible to use encryption method. For example, how can it be done in PHP (Zend, ionCube)

TheXpert писал(а) >>

OK, just as a hint, we should make it so that decompiling (at least the mql part) has no effect. This can be done.

All right, and the rest, either in dll and for super valuable algorithms protect for example with hardware USB key, actually 100% guarantee against mass hacking, or to server and send signals. Everything has been invented a long time ago. It's pretty straightforward here.

HIDDEN >> :

For example, I do not see any other options except DLL + server + Expert Advisor. I will decompile the Expert Advisor and fix the connection with the server. The DLL also should be corrupted to pieces and the obtained code should be added to the Expert Advisor using internal means. What are the options? Is it possible to use encryption method. For example how it can be done in PHP (Zend, ionCube)

Bring some of the logic to the server, make temporary user subscriptions, fast communication, block access simultaneously from multiple IPs, account control.

Everything is feasible.

Conspiracy Quote:

nordik, let them do what they want, compile, encrypt, DLL - as they say every sly ass has its own equally sly one

So there you have it, that tricky asshole. You can start looking for the tricky bolt.

I don't know what will come out of it so far, but if everything turns out well, I'm going to make a service to protect Expert Advisors. I am going to make a paid one.

Probably with a confirmation of the quality of the adviser.

There's no way to avoid copying trades, but that's not the main problem. At least one will pay a subscription fee.