The FLET formula - page 8

Marat Zeidaliyev:

That's the truth that just flashed by unintentionally in your mind )

when you see resistance or support on the channel boundaries or any of those levels

and you think you're going to sell, right?

Of course you do. There's resistance and you sell.

you do what you're doing just like the rest of the herd of millions

there's no other way)))

the market always creates imaginary barriers and leads along a false path concealing their goal

and traders see these levels and create millions of strategies based on them, which eventually become slaves of their own rules )

this means traders play their exchange inside the huge real exchange, where 99% of the noodles invented by traders themselves over the years are not there )

in fact, there are no levels, just a channel between two currency values and that's it.... ) )

in short, what 99.9% of eyes see on the chart is utopia ;-)

haha, true

that's how i started my strategy

;)

The day that turned into night was not in vain :-)

Whoopsie: if we consider that there is no flat, then the trend is between the 1st and 3rd sigma, and it is always there

Thinking there are trading concepts such as trend and flat in the market is like looking for an Elliott five-wave in any market.

Yes, those formations are there, but not everywhere. And the market is a bounce and a no-bounce, a strong movement and a weak one.

Concerning the flat formula. An oscillator (any) will help find a horizontal flat movement, but it is rather an accumulation, pro-trading that is not included into the general notion of flat.

They say that the oscillators are used to trade a flat. Yes, that's partly true. Actually, a channel is traded by oscillator (the same thing, the only difference is in its display), be it horizontal or inclined.

The point is that trend waves are approximately equal, as are rollback waves. So we come to the conclusion that we can trade a "flat" (a channel) if the waves are stable.

In short, the subject is more than vast, and I would advise to just think not about the trend and flat, but about how the market looks like. After all, we can draw at least 5 different trends, and the strategies will be different.

In the strategy tester, you can use 2MA or MACD and observe the points where the owls are winning and where they are not.

TREND-FLAT TREND

TREND-FLAT

Maxim Kuznetsov:

TREND-FLAT-TREND

Yes, that's art, that's what I'm talking about!

It happens in the market too.

TREND-TREND and no flat)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

TREND-FLAT TREND

TREND-FLAT

Can I have a comment? //not picking up a pattern

Renat Akhtyamov:
Can I have a comment? // not picking up a pattern.

I told you just above...

Learned to count the probabilities and hence the sigma classification.

Trends at the top/bottom, flotsam in the middle.

you could say that the personal grail of forex is discovered :-) or a significant part of it

Maxim Kuznetsov:

TREND-FLAT TREND

TREND-FLAT

The indicator may be called Tesla

By the way, VWAP Bands, which starts on Mon.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I told you just above...

Learned to count the probabilities and hence the sigma classification.

Trends at the top/bottom, flotsam in the middle.

you can say that the personal grail of forex is open :-) or a significant part of it

If they cross, they break up again signaling a trend or a flat.

and so on to infinity in +/- a few points?