NIGHT HUNTER! - page 2

KimIV >> :
Will you be installing a server OS? It's not gonna take more than 3 gigs.

Maybe I'll go 64-bit.

goldtrader >> :

Unfortunately, at present such TS are of no more than theoretical interest.

Spreads on EURGBP are usually from 6 to 10 pips, which makes it impossible to use pipsing even with non-pipsing targets.

Spreads always widen for New Year's Eve

Is it now safe to assume that pipers are no longer tenants in real accounts? No special measures should be taken against them now - with such spreads and stop-losses which will kill them in the very bud?

In general the topic and the class of scalping appeared together with the era of multiplication of the kitchen DCs, fierce competition between them and the need to reduce spreads and stoplines in this struggle to the critical levels which would allow the demonstration of scalping on demo accounts. When there were spreads equal to tens of pips, it would have been strange to talk about scalping... That time seems to be coming back - on a different quality level. The king is dead - long live the king! Is the time of the good old trend-following systems returning?

ortv >> :

>>: There's always an increase in spreads before the New Year.

The EURGBP spread widening started a long time ago, before the New Year had even started.

And you have to look at the comparison: for once the spread on EURGBP was 3-5 times bigger than on EURUSD

and the other major majors?

Mathemat >> :

... ...with spreads and stop levels like these that would kill them in the very bud?

Stopslips are not a big problem - there are market entries/exits for that.

But the spreads... and other unsportsmanlike tricks...

goldtrader >> :

The massive EURGBP spread widening started a long time ago, before the New Year had even started.

up to 5 pips.

ortv >> :

Up to 5 pips. no more

Welcome to the world of illusion :)

PS Take a spread monitoring tool (remembering to thank the author), put it on a REAL account and analyse it in the morning.

But believe me, even 5p spread, combined with a broker's unkind attitude towards this kind of strategy, will make your profit negative.

goldtrader писал(а) >> Stopslips are not a big problem - there are market entries/exits for that.

No problem, of course, if the stopgaps just aren't there. But the DC also has a couple of trumps up its sleeve - for example, requotes (even in a calm market).

Mathemat >> :

... DCs have a couple of trumps up their sleeve - for example, requotes (even in a calm market).

Exactly ...

And the trader has nothing to hide these trump cards. :(

Only to spread snot all over the forums about decency of brokerage companies.

But DC is not a charity society. And if they can't/shouldn't have time to protect themselves with formal frameworks from pipsqueaks,

then partisan methods of fighting come into play.

Requotes, requotes... It's not all that bad. I recently modified my scalper, after it was strangled by requotes and profitability was -> 0, so it traded better with requotes than without them) And oh my god the requotes disappeared... Maybe it was a coincidence, a week is no indicator, I traded on holiday, and my account is only 4k, but judging by tests the result even with 90% requotes is better than without them...

Figar0 писал(а) >>

Requotes, requotes... It's not all that bad. I recently modified my scalper, after it was strangled by requotes and profitability was -> 0, but it traded better with requotes than without them) And oh my god the requotes disappeared... Maybe it was a coincidence, a week is no indicator, I traded on holiday and my account is only 4k, but judging by tests the result even with 90% requotes is better than without them...

3 orders?