Why don't they take the pips away from the champions? - page 4

LeoV писал(а) >>

What does it mean to say "within the spread"? The spread is 2 pips. Does it mean within 2 pips? Or 4 pips? Or 6 pips?

It means that if we have 2 pips spread, then this means that we have closed trades with profits -2, -1, 0, 1 and 2 pips.

Neutron >> :

That means that with a 2 point spread, transactions closed with -2,-1,0,1 and 2 points of profit are considered pennywise.

I think 3 pips would also be considered miserable with a spread of 2. But of course, it would be good to have an official explanation from the organizers.

Neutron писал(а) >>

This means that with a spread of 2 pips, transactions closed with a profit of -2,-1,0,1 and 2 pips are considered as loss-making.

No, negative trades are not included in the 25% count, only profitable ones i.e. 0, 1, 2

Valmars >> :

Nah, negative trades are not included in the 25% count, only profitable trades i.e. 0, 1, 2

Yes, trades with: 0 <= profit <= spread are taken into account

Renat писал(а) >>

Yes, trades with: 0 <= profit <= spread are counted

This is an official statement!

By the way, as I noticed, some measures against pips have already been taken by increasing the stops on all pairs. Although, I just looked at EURGBP, it was 12 pips and now it's 4 again. Or is it server glitches ?

Valmars >> :
By the way, as I noticed, some measures against pips have already been taken by increasing the stops on all pairs. Although, I just looked at EURGBP, it was 12 pips and now it's 4 again. Or is it server glitch ?

Stop-Losses are the same as last year, floating and automatically dependent on the current market volatility.

Renat писал(а) >>

The stopgaps are like last year, floating and automatically dependent on the current market volatility.

Yeah, got it. Now it's 12 again.

Renat писал(а) >>

Stops are, as last year, floating and automatically dependent on current market volatility.

>>Hello, Renat.
How do you measure volatility?

Renat писал(а) >>

Yes, trades with: 0 <= profit <= spread are counted

Well then all pips traders pass the rules. Their profit seems to be from 3 pips )))). But the purpose of stoplifts is not clear. The rules specify that a stop on EURGBP is 4 pips or more. That's more than the spread. But as it turns out, it is possible to set a TakeProfit of 3 points, which is less than a Stop Leap but exceeds the spread. How is it all related, is not clear?

Or should we calculate Stop Level + Spread? Or may we set a profit from spread to stop loss? Then why are there restrictions on stop levelling, if it does not work? Please, explain! It's not clear at all )))