Crisis: Don't we care? - page 17

sabluk писал (а) >>

there's no point in discussing the U.S.

america is not a nation but a corporation, so they don't put any moral limits on themselves when competing for profit

:-) of course!

---

They themselves (their politicians), they love to talk about morality! ( but ONLY in the context of their own interests)

Korey >> :

>> and they don't want to.

That's the key, to Korey, .... they don't need it... they keep thinking that way.... until now it was like this: they offended two USAtourists-citizens in a certain place, the fleet goes there and smashes everything around, but now it does not work that way anymore, so they are convulsing.....

We have the same situation, only on a smaller scale..... When a newscaster at the federal television channel confuses Altai krai with the Republic of Altai, does it mean anything (?!) ....

YuraZ >> :

>> it hints at the state of Georgia ( Georgia sounds like Georgia to some who do not know )

it sounds, but they don't know everything about their states (the vast majority), let alone about the Caucasus.... what is there to talk about.... Maybe they have only heard about Kazbek and Mount Elbrus, but I do not remember any great climbers from the USA..... :)

rider писал (а) >>

That's the key, to Korey, .... they don't need it... they continue to think so.... up to now as it was: offended two USAtourists-citizens in the N-th place, the fleet moves there and smashes everything around, but now it does not work that way anymore, so convulsions come.....

We have the same, in principle, only on a smaller scale..... when the newscaster of the central television channel confuses Altai Krai with the Republic of Altai - does it mean something (?!) ....

it sounds like that, but they do not know everything about their states (the vast majority), let alone about the caucasus.... what is there to talk about.... Maybe they have only heard about Kazbek and Mount Elbrus, I don't remember any great climbers from the USA..... :)

No doubt someone has no idea and cannot find on the map, let alone Georgia with Obkhazia and Mount Elbrus.

but also the neighboring state.

---

But we have no shortage of ignoramuses either...

--

We did not invent WINDOWS ... (many of us as programmers, Indians and others, it's safe to say WINDOWS is international)

we didn't invent the IBM PC...

not mention rockets and planes! we have good ones...

---

what i meant to say was they're not dumber than us

especially judging by the quality of life

YuraZ >> :

>> especially when judged by the quality of life

I don't know about "quality" :).... but on "level" we are complete fools :((((

YuraZ >> :

Especially judging by the quality of life.

I don't know about "quality" :).... but on "level" we are complete fools :((((

YuraZ >> :

we did not give birth to WINDOWS ... ( lots of us as programmers - Indians and others - I guess we can say WINDOWS is international )

The phrase alone: "register your copy of Windows or do it later" is worthwhile :))

Yesterday I got the MAC class. No one knows what to do with it now. For us it is a multimedia toy and it is unclear what and how students should be taught when MAC's are rare in the country.

And it only makes them BusinessVista.... already hated, but twice as much so. So much for Windows.... Gates is a genius :)))).....

YuraZ >> :

not talking about missiles and planes! we have good ones...

There were once a long time ago. Forget about it, it's a distant memory. For example here - http://www.newsland.ru/News/Detail/id/298075/

Or in hundreds of other places, where the creators of that good stuff analyse what Russia has today.

Who has anything Russian-made at home? Apart from Metatrader and vodka... Mobile phone, watch, GPS, TV, DVD, refrigerator, furniture, clothes, shoes... Anything? "A raw materials appendage of the West."

timbo >> :

There were once a long time ago. Forget about it, it's a distant memory. For example here - http://www.newsland.ru/News/Detail/id/298075/

Or in hundreds of other places, where the creators of that good stuff analyse what Russia has today.

Who has anything Russian-made at home? Apart from Metatrader and vodka... Mobile phone, watch, GPS, TV, DVD, refrigerator, furniture, clothes, shoes... Anything? "A raw materials appendage of the West"

This article is not objective, it smacks of criticism of the government, and the government is not omnipotent.

We are a raw appendage of the West for a number of complicated reasons.

the Germans and the Anglo-Saxons financed the 17 revolution in a weakened Russia after WWI and the country plunged into darkness

World War II and the Cold War did not help develop civilian goods and services

we do have some decent military hardware and the west is trying to prevent us from entering the global arms market

forget about GPS

glonass is already in place

timbo писал (а) >>

Who has anything Russian-made at home? Apart from Metatrader and vodka... Mobile phone, watch, GPS, TV, DVD, refrigerator, furniture, clothes, shoes... Anything? "A raw materials appendage of the West".

:-( Sadly so.

---

As for the "missiles" - we drive on what we have ---

---

as for the article - the article is not funny.

quote:

--- begin

THE PRICE THAT THE PEOPLE WILL PAY will be marginal. It will happen in our lifetime. The whole world is watching us right now, ready to swoop in and use this situation to their advantage.

--- end

I remember someone in America saying recently: Russia has a lot of resources! THAT'S NOT FAIR.

( i.e. an opinion is being prepared, I remember when they said Saddam Hussein is the aggressor and owner of weapons of mass destruction )

a very unhealthy phrase

timbo >> :

Who has anything Russian-made at home? Apart from Metatrader and vodka... Mobile phone, watch, GPS, TV, DVD, refrigerator, furniture, clothes, shoes... Anything? "A raw materials appendage of the West."

The article is a bit strange. I do not mean that I do not believe it or that all is well with us, it just looks like a digest from one person. And people with zero clearance do not write in the media on their own initiative, let alone in zavtra.ru.

timbo писал(а) >>

Who has anything Russian-made at home? Apart from Metatrader and vodka...

I got a Kalash under my pillow.)