Crisis: Don't we care? - page 15

YuraZ >> :

resulting in a 10% reduction in jobs

These are the first swallows.

That's in my town!

10 thousand people are being laid off...

But it's just that the factory is at a disadvantage, the raw materials are far away... etc...

Rather the plant has continually ramped up production, and layoffs are just an effect of production automation. (mills are still being installed... we still make the rolling mills... they are also looking at the gas industry (large-diameter pipes for oil pipelines, I hear they are considering it...).

The crisis in '98 was mainly due to our banks, because in those years (if you look at the assets) they were concentrated in the GKOs. Not in real production.

So the price goes down so what? Volumes are going up...

The Amerks are mostly hustling as their assets are poorly secured, while with us they are secured by the same resources.... gas, oil, metal... so our economy looks healthier than theirs (in terms of security ...)

In the USSR at its dawn there was nothing ..., and someone wrote that the rupiah (sssr-russian, was not secured, they would print what the halvah was ...). First they sowed everything with corn! There was no more grain, we had to buy it... while the USSR used to feed most of europe with grain, and oil prices collapsed too! (from $20 to $7, I think)... so we had no money on the balance sheet... So we got stuck! And then the bourgeois found out... "You know" ....

Look at the crisis over the years! Our stock market is the only one that has been in the black! We went down because of the mess with the Georgians... Well, first we will sit down and people will buy everything (investors have already started quietly to collect papers on the cheap...).

They are not fools... They knew that the price of oil was going down... and sooner or later the fuse in the traders' brains would blow and the price would go down... I'm just worried about this... our stab fund is mostly in the eu and pound ( there are american securities... ) and if we are forced to support our economy, it will have an effect in the rise of the quid.

The only reason mortgages are choking is because the quid is going up... I wrote above, we gave the world loans with cheap dollars, and now we have to pay them back with expensive ones!

IMHO: IF THERE IS NO PANIC, EVERYTHING WILL SETTLE DOWN ... (this mainly concerns the stock market)

We all know that when you yell with the whole bunch, it makes things worse.

The MICEX exchange rate is 26.9215 for the quid...

With the dollar at 30p and oil at $20... the pound and the euro collapsed these days... the rupee dropped ~15-20% and the eu went down by the same amount... and the pound went down too....

Moreover, our budget has always been in surplus in this crisis (in the USSR it was mostly deficit...), so we just lose the pot to feed the statutory fund... With us it's like, surplus, well into the statutory fund...

BARS писал (а) >>

... ? Well fell because of the mess with the Georgians...

Uh no that's not why they fell!

look at the chart, it was a mess when everything was already falling, the next day by the way it went up more than it went down

---

it was a political event... of course affecting the mood for the fall

but not that much...

---

such local events can't have much impact on the market or the economy as a whole

they usually affect a couple of three D1 candles

YuraZ >> :

Uh no that's not why they fell!

look at the chart, it was a mess when everything was already falling, the next day by the way it went up more than it went down

---

it was a political event... of course affecting the mood for the fall

but not that much...

---

such local events can't significantly affect the market and the economy as a whole

they usually affect a couple of triple D1 candles

And here I would have to disagree with you for the following reasons:

1.e. This mess has affected the market very strongly, and our poor Central Bank started to rush after the news about our troops' entry leaked to the media.

2.e. Growth (or rather stabilization) was caused by reasons:

2.1. Stoppage of trading ( how long were the trades stopped ?????????????????????????????????????????).

2.2. The Central Bank got a kick out of the government to support the market.

2.3. 2.3. The surprising fact is that the currency trading was not held by the Central Bank (the brokers were crying out ... liquidity was down ... everyone needed quid), the Cb heavily bid for support. the cb managed to strengthen the ruble a bit .....

What kind of money will be spent on rebuilding the economy? With what will our bases be built ... with what will be the future integration? The Americans will give it to us... or will the Georgians compensate?

The Olympics were held on purpose... so that Beijing would keep quiet until the end of the Olympics... The Olympics are over, but we got a bump on the head from Beijing :)

Such events usually make investors nervous. Not only did Putin scare the market with Mechel... But they also got involved with a country that is trying to join NATO. Hence the outflow ... by the way they lost about 17 billion in reserves ... so I don't agree that politics doesn't have much of an impact on the economy...

What did that mess do?

First of all it strengthened the dollar, with funds flowing out of the stock market. Our central bank had to sell foreign bonds (euro, pound...) to support our F.R..

BARS писал (а) >>

But I don't agree with you for the following reasons:

1.e. This turmoil has affected the market very strongly, and our poor Central Bank has been on the move since the media got wind of our troop deployment.

2.e. Growth (or rather stabilization) was caused by reasons:

2.1. Stoppage of trading ( how long were the trades stopped ?????????????????????????????????????????).

2.2. The Central Bank got a kick out of the government to support the market.

2.3. 2.3. The surprising fact is that the currency trading was not held by the Central Bank (the brokers were crying out ... liquidity was down ... everyone needed quid), the Cb heavily bid for support. the cb managed to strengthen the ruble a bit .....

What kind of money will be spent on rebuilding the economy? With what will our bases be built ... with what will be the future integration? The Americans will give it to us... or will the Georgians compensate?

Specially for the Olympics... to keep Beijing quiet for the rest of the Olympics... The Olympics is over so we got a bump from Beijing :)

Such events usually make investors nervous. Not only did Putin scare the market with Mechel... But they also got involved with a country that is trying to join NATO. Hence the outflow ... by the way they lost about 17 billion in reserves ... so I don't agree that politics doesn't have much of an impact on the economy...

What did that mess do?

First of all it strengthened the dollar, with funds flowing out of the stock market. Our Central Bank had to sell foreign bonds (euro, pound...) to support our F.R.

You look at the chart anyway MN1 W1 and D1 and find the candlestick on the day of the conflict

The candlestick is in the middle of a huge drop and is not a pivot point

---

I repeat! the fall started before the conflict and was triggered by the world crisis

which is not a consequence of the 3 days of problems in the Caucasus, already almost forgotten, and already fixed.

this is a much deeper economic substance

---

Don't look at a specific pair! Look at the market as a whole!

for example, Sberbank started to fall not on the day of the conflict but much earlier (early 2008 when no one was even thinking about the problems in the Caucasus), as do other instruments

YuraZ >> :

You look at the chart anyway on MN1 W1 and D1 and find the candlestick on the day of the conflict

The candlestick is in the middle of a huge drop and is not a pivot point

---

let me repeat ! the fall started before the conflict and was caused by the world crisis

which is not a consequence of the 3 days of problems in the Caucasus, already almost forgotten, and already fixed.

this is a much deeper economic substance

---

don't look at a specific pair! look at the market as a whole! on different instruments

>> for example SBERBANK started falling not on the day of the conflict but much earlier and so did other instruments...

Well that's what I said above... the reason was still in the "mechel" gaffe :)

I don't argue with financial downturns...

But it still had an effect )

Did they just stop trading for no reason.... :)

P.s. When i started to get acquainted with the market it was worth 17k (it had not been broken up yet) ( pricha... from real... the price of sber was 2.5k)

traders come to analysts and ask :

- Will there still be a rise?

- Under certain circumstances yes.

The price of 4k again the question:

-Will there be an increase ?

-Well probably ... but not really.

Price 6k again:

-Well ... ?

All of you analysts don't know!

What I'm saying is, we guys are up pretty good...

so don't be surprised that we can fall... )

our stock market is a baby

do not look at the relative percentage of decline, the Wall Street is incommensurably more fucked up in absolute terms.

iceland is a nato country that has come to us for help...what does that tell you...

sabluk >> :

our stock market is a baby

don't look at the relative percentage of decline, in the absolute measure of capital, Wall Street is incommensurably fucked.

Iceland, a Nato country, has come to us for help...

It is not just islalandia !

There's another country out there... i don't remember these nuances these days...

Read my post above... The americans are already asking us to sponsor their candidate in the elections ...)

P.s. Our stub fund is equal to our 2 annual budgets ;-)

BARS >> :

It's not just Isladnia !

There's another country out there... I don't remember such nuances these days...

Read my post above... The americans are already asking us to sponsor the election.)

P.s. Our stub fund is equal to our 2 year budgets ;-)

I'm aware of that... (news24 and rbc are helping)

McCain is just spamming everyone for a handout to the former Duma deputy.

mise en scène journeymen spas sis journeymen

BARS писал (а) >>

So I said above... the reason was the mechel gaffe :)

I don't argue with the financial downturns...

But that's what it said anyway )

Did they just stop trading for no reason.... :)

the trading halt is a technical measure which has no effect on the decline as a whole

and is only an attempt to delay reaching the bottom ...

a postponement is needed, a solution can be found... ( meaning in general and not in a matter of hours or even days )

at least a stop will hold back the fall for a while! ( maybe days - weeks )

it's obvious

---

Already good - stable England is stagnating

and no technical measures - stoppages, bans on short positions, (you know, I hope you've read about the ban on short positions) are helping

BARS писал (а) >>

It's not just Isladnia !

There's another country out there... I don't remember such nuances these days...

Read my post above... The americans are already asking us to sponsor their candidate in the elections . ..)

P.s. Our stab fund is equal to our 2 year budgets ;-)

:-) I laughed a lot! (another candidate doesn't seem any smarter than the current one)

This is bullshit! ... To sponsor a candidate from another country ( and a global financial and political power )

This is further confirmation of the line taken by the U.S. . ( the way they do things is the way they think )

sponsoring

1 banana presidents

2 orange revolutions

3 - war in Iraq (then say "oh, they did not find the weapons of mass destruction, it was a mistake").

whispering - quietly, "but there's a lot of oil."

+ trying to get a foothold in the region

The leitmotif was the threat - weapons of mass destruction etc.

MALIBU rescuers

---