Traders Forum - page 5

KimIV писал (а) >>

hmm... The real compromise would be something like VTs or TVs.

And instead of "fuck off," write "good evening."

Wow... This is reported to us by a man who is too lazy to even capitalise a sentence, let alone the wrong Olban! Bravo!

geopoint писал (а) >>

And instead of "fuck off," write "good evening."

I wasn't talking about that. I wasn't talking about hypocrisy, no need for such examples please :)

geopoint писал (а) >>
I suggest a compromise - capitalise You.

Isn't it easier just to show some real respect instead of pompous formalism?

LeoV писал (а) >>

It's not about 'you' and it's not about 'you'. You have got it wrong. This situation has to be projected onto yourself in the first place. And not everyone disrespects each other, but only certain individuals. And not everyone is not responsible for their words - but only some, certain individuals.

I have never once addressed "you" to any of you. I am always very respectful and clear in my communication. Occasionally, when I get rude, of course, I may sneer or crack a joke, but that is rare and not with everyone. More often than not, I simply ask for attention to some "gaffe". However, as you have pointed out, REAL participants, understand nothing but straightforward swearing and pointless arguments. This is a problem, in my opinion. A community problem. I think we can all think about it, and maybe come up with something. I think I can be understood. Thanks :)

A generally accepted rule of good manners and common courtesy is to

- "you" - only with equals and old friends, "you" - with all those who are higher and, even more so, lower in rank (rank, knowledge, experience, age, etc.), as well as with all strangers and unfamiliar people.

If a professor addresses a student as "you", this is completely normal. Addressing a student by "you" is not acceptable (at least until there is a trusting relationship between them, but the student should not address the instructor as "you" even then).

- The term 'you' should be used only with the mutual agreement of both people; if there is a slightest suspicion that it will not work, do not try to do it so as not to make the other person uncomfortable.

- refrain from direct, overtly personal assessments; the forum is full of insults, slurs, taunts, backhanders and blatantly dismissive and disrespectful attitudes. At the same time, you can always find the right words - instead of "jerk" you can say "I think otherwise". It's not difficult, but unfortunately not everybody strives for it.

--

The forum is rightly popular. It is visited by people from a wide variety of educational and cultural backgrounds, from different experiences and of different ages.

It would be good if the backbone visitors (as a rule, experienced, educated, well-mannered people) would correct an inexperienced youth whenever a new visitor tries to take the conversation down to the level of "you fool" and the other "backbones" would support him.

In such situations, the appearance of an administrator would not be out of place. In some cases his few words in support of good manners are enough; the mere appearance of an administrator, showing concern for "the purity of the ether", will already have an impact.

--

Separately, it should be noted (no offense, objectively) that today, in my opinion, the "ethical bar" in the forum is lower than it can be justified. Some tightening of the regime (more like imposing order) would only increase MQ's credibility and add to MT's popularity.

IlyaF писал (а) >>

I have never once addressed any of you as 'you'. I am always very respectful and clear in my communication. Occasionally, when I get rude, I may, of course, sneer or crack a joke, but this is rare and not with everyone. More often than not, I simply ask for attention to some "gaffe". However, as you have pointed out, REAL participants, understand nothing but straightforward swearing and pointless arguments. This is a problem, in my opinion. A community problem. I think we can all think about it, and maybe come up with something. I think I can be understood. Thanks :)

Yeah sorry, that's not what I meant. That's what I mean.

LeoV wrote (a) >>.

It's just when a newcomer comes in, hasn't introduced himself, hasn't put any idea, report about his EA or TS and suddenly starts to teach others, claiming about 98% of profitable trades, 100% of profit per month without optimization, and with optimization going off the scale, then how can we treat it?

IlyaF писал (а) >>

Wow... This is reported to us by a man who is even too lazy to capitalise a sentence! Bravo!

That's it, I'm embarrassed, you've attacked me and the interpreter so badly, how can I write something to you now, what if I make a mistake... And what can I write and advise you... I don't think anything, I'm sorry... And even more so to discuss it. I'm sorry again if it's wrong. We'll just talk to each other quietly here with mistakes and on first name terms...

Based on this discussion, I propose that anyone who spells external variables and function names with a small letter in the code should be considered a "lame grampian".

To consider the absence of comments in Russian, English, French and Chinese as a total disrespect to the trading community.

IlyaF писал (а) >>
I can see who's who. And that's what embarrasses me :)

You only see a small part of what you are shown. People are actually different. They are just like you. To get to know people, you have to get to know yourself.

So you are saying that you embarrass yourself? :-)