Traders Forum - page 4

NProgrammer писал (а) >> don't be stupid.

Don't be stupid yourself, so you won't be stupid.....)))))))

Wow, so many messages at once! :) Thanks for your attention :) Let's try to figure out who's saying what :)

KimIV писал (а) >>

They're more comfortable communicating that way. Why does it bother you? Do you think you deserve to be addressed as YOU? And what is the difference between "you" and "you"? Does it humiliate you or insult you? So you presume this desire in your interlocutor from the very beginning? Look at children. They say 'you' to everyone. They are not offended by it because they are aware that children are not offended by it. It just makes him feel more comfortable. He does not even know that there is another word "you".

No, I'm more comfortable with informal communication, but not with everyone. I'm not asking you to teach me or take my point of view for granted, I just want to discuss topics that interest me. I want to share some of my knowledge, contribute to the community and it is unfortunate that starting my communication with participants often results in me being "referred to textbooks".

Mathemat wrote (a) >>

IlyaF, I am far from being a child myself, but I have nothing against the "you" address - irrespective of a person and his experience, age, authority, etc. But if you want me to address you as "you" - you are welcome.

There have already been many statements on the subject of protection, search the forum by using the search form. The resource owner's point of view is well known ("ex4 does not make sense to decompile, while protection is reliable") and does not change.

The only method I see is "save yourself": either don't distribute your products at all, or handle the protection yourself. Personally, this isn't a problem for me at all: if I'm going to distribute my products, only to reliable and trusted individuals from whom I don't expect a catch in the form of a potentially decompiled file posted on pay.ru or my website.

Still, it's customary in a business environment to refer to people as "you". If it's not business, but games (which is largely the case), it's understandable. Reminds me of some seedy youth forum about football or something similar.

Yeah, in the defence thread and wrote almost about it, only it turns out no one is interested :) When you say "eh... Can we talk about the topic?", it gets ignored :)

grasn wrote (a) >>

Not so harsh! There's a delicate, cautious approach here, such as starting with an unobtrusive invitation to "do you want to talk about it?"

Funny innuendo about "seeing a psychoanalyst" +1

NProgrammer wrote (a) >>

:)) Yeah, here's the thing -- :)) I wanted to tell you all the answers to all the questions :)) I must have written about 50 lines. Pressed add comment and only five words were added... So here's the deal... :)) But I won't think and type a second time... :)) And it's not the first time... so you won't know the secrets of forex... because a properly tuned engine will destroy them...

no secrets of forex for me, thanks :) Maybe you should read a Russian language textbook. ;) You can also use some kind of automatic spell checker.

NProgrammer wrote (a) >>
I'll only add - Timbo is good and right, there's nothing to clarify, everything is clear enough... :))

Prove it to me with an argument. It's not hard, you can't just say "I'm sorry". Either you know or you're pretending.

LeoV wrote (a) >>.

Here's the thing. Internet forums are a community of people who know nothing about each other. I emphasise - nothing. No one can guess who hides under a given nickname - a crook or an honest one, a cheater or a truthful one, a professional or an amateur, an experienced or an amateur. Who? It is impossible to determine. Of course, each forum is a "backbone" of people who have long communicated on this forum, of course communicated outside the forum (Skype, asia) and already know more about each other and know approximately what each represents and have established themselves on this forum. They form that part of the community that enjoys communicating on the forum, trust each other and listen to each other's opinions. But most of their communication, I think, takes place outside the forum (asya, skype). But most forums (that I've been to) are nothing but cursing and useless attempts to prove something to each other, because everyone thinks he is smarter than the other. Why does this happen? The answer was above - no one knows anything about each other. Who is the newcomer? The answer is - HZ.

P.S. And if in real life you can answer for your bullshit, so in life everyone thinks first and then says, but on the Internet no one is responsible for anything, so they write whatever they want. And how can you tell whether someone is writing "the case" or not? As they say, "paper will endure everything.

That is precisely because no one knows anyone and it would be good to use the word "you". That way you'll treat each other with respect, but it turns out that everyone here obviously doesn't respect each other. This is not a school, and not a kindergarten, so you need to communicate a little more formalized, imho.

Well articulated my elusive feeling that I've had ever since I've been on this forum: no one here is responsible for what they say.

rid wrote (a) >>

It's difficult, often, to address someone as "you", who in his first (after registration) post makes a few mistakes in one word, like - "indekatar" .

and usually responds in the same way...

I agree, and yet. By the way, I rarely misspell, so why is it difficult to address me as "you"? No, I understand that it's already so unpleasant here. But maybe it's just a way to raise the level? For example, to address newcomers and yet unfamiliar people by "you", and to "their" on the forum - by "you"? I'm not insisting, I'm suggesting. It would be great if everyone would think about it :)

IlyaF писал (а) >> It's precisely because no one knows anyone that it's a good idea to use the word "you". That way it's respectful, but it turns out everyone here doesn't respect each other. This is not a school or a kindergarten, so we need to communicate a little more formally, imho.

Well articulated my elusive feeling I've had all the time since coming to this forum: no one here is responsible for their words.

It's not about "you" and it's not about "you". You've got it wrong. This situation needs to be projected onto yourself first and foremost. And not everyone disrespects each other, just some, certain individuals. And not everyone is not responsible for their words - but only some, certain individuals.

IlyaF писал (а) >>

By the way, I rarely misspell, so why is it difficult to address me as "you"?

Ilya, since you are so much in favour of using the word "you", try to spell it with a capital letter so that there are even fewer mistakes.

goldtrader писал (а) >>

Ilya, since you are so much in favour of using the word "you", try to spell it with a capital letter so that there are even fewer mistakes.

The pronouns you, your are capitalised when referring to one person in texts of the following genres:
  1. personal letter (the addressee is a specific person; the optional spelling is determined by the writer, expressing/not expressing a polite or respectful attitude to the addressee);
  2. official documents (addressee is a concrete person; the writer's attitude to the addressee is irrelevant);
  3. questionnaires (the addressee is not a specific person; the attitude of the writer to the addressee is unimportant). It should be remembered once more that in addressing several or unspecified persons the pronouns you, yours should be written with a lowercase letter (see above).

Consequently, Internet texts are addressed to the user/users - all together and to each individual. This reference to all together and to each individual (which is not a reference to one specific person) is the reason for the difficulty of choosing a lowercase or uppercase letter you, your in Internet texts.

Since most texts on the Internet do not meet condition 1, 2, 3 of writing you with a capital letter (e-mail messages are not personal letters in the traditional sense), we can recommend writing you, yours when addressing readers/visitors to an Internet page with a lowercase letter.

In the case of written references to one particular person, capitalised pronouns are written in the second person singular singular form, i.e. you, you, etc.
Adjective pronouns of the second person singular singular form (yours, yours, etc.) are not capitalized,
i.e: I would like to tell you that your (incorrectly *your*) book made a lasting impression on me.

goldtrader писал (а) >>

Ilya, since you are so much in favour of the "you" word, try to spell it with a capital letter so that there are even fewer mistakes.

That is not enough! It should be pronounced "Your Excellency".

I suggest a compromise - capitalise You.

geopoint писал (а) >>
I propose a compromise-- capitalize You.

hmm... The real compromise would be something like VTs or TVs.

olltrad писал (а) >>
a it's not so difficult, you sit on forum for few months and general impression "who is who" appears...

I can see "who's who". And that's what confuses me :)

LeoV wrote (a) >>

Of course it's not difficult. You just have to spend a few months reading everything you can get your hands on. That's all there is to it....))))))))))))))))))))

I'm not going to read everything just to "get to know you better". I only want to communicate on topics that interest me in one way or another.

timbo wrote (a) >>

IlyaF wrote (a) >>

What do you think of the "about code protection" thread? There started a discussion about market mechanisms, but as soon as I tried to figure it out, all the participants in the discussion disappeared somewhere

Let's track them down and bring them back to the thread to come to the truth together!

A discussion on the multiplication table has begun. You tried to figure out what 7x8 equals. I told you 56. I have spent the time, effort and money to buy an arithmetic book, read it and learn the multiplication table by heart. And you're offering me your vision. I'm not interested. And I am not interested in retelling the textbook and arguing why 7x8=56.

Wow, timbo wrote!

I was not discussing the multiplication table, you were the one who started making shit about it. I know how to multiply and divide, thank you. You don't need to spill the beans here that I asked you about it. You don't have the courage to admit that you didn't answer my real question, but you started talking nonsense about the multiplication table and that I need to read some textbooks? :) If you can explain what I'm wrong, then explain, but argue, but not using the "dude" principle (it's a dude, so you're wrong).

timbo wrote (a) >>

I have to agree. You wanted to discuss market mechanisms. Which of the classic works on financial market theory did you study before starting this discussion in order to avoid superficial opinions in your statements? Not the books that talk about easy and guaranteed money, but the ones that talk about the impossibility of making money on the exchange. As the situation looks somewhat unequal, I give you an extract from a textbook, and you give me your opinion based on an empty shell. The discussion should be mutually beneficial, mutually enriching. Your ideas have no value for me, therefore I have withdrawn from further discussion.

Judging by your eagerness to exchange quotes, you are incapable of thinking and understanding/explaining. Do you rely only on the authority of the authors of the books? Did you know that many of them, including the "classics", are badly mistaken about the methods of achieving results in their work? Can you show a single strategy or tactic described by the authors of the books that would actually work? Have you generated anything of your own that would work or bring any tangible benefit? I think not (so far I only draw conclusions from our communication on the forum, this opinion may change if you show that you can think and speak). Surely you're the kind of loser who has "read a lot of the letters". If not, then why do you run away from a discussion you got yourself into when the real question is addressed to you? Isn't it because you 'know everything'?