[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 845

>

tara:

No, I haven't.

And I don't really understand the development of civilisation. At all. What does this evolution mean?

In the early '90s, I wrote a program for my accountant to use to file her reports. 386 computer, 40 megabyte hard drive. My accountant was very gifted: once in six months I was called to tax committee and asked to remove this dura, we will not check it for 10 years.

2005 this accountant comes to me and says: buy me a computer, while everyone has a window and I have a Norton.

So what is the development in general and civilization in particular?

PS. She has been submitting reports for all these 15 years.

faa1947: уберите эту дуру, проверять не будем 10 лет.

[...]

PS. She's been submitting her reports faithfully for all these 15 years.

Fools don't care about progress. After all, she filed the reports, and that's what counts!

Mathemat:
Fools don't care about progress. After all, they submitted their reports, and that is what matters!

She filed reports and probably did not ask for a raise as often as others.

Progress should also be where it is needed, and they should watch videos on social networking sites at home and evaluate their pics on classmates at home, too.

Mathemat:
Fools don't care about progress. After all, you did hand in the reports, and that's what counts!
I didn't need progress. Not anywhere.

faa1947: Progress was not needed. Nowhere.
Ch. etc. I knew how your insidious trickery would end!

Mathemat:
Ch. etc. I knew how your insidious nonsense would end!

Clarification. progress was not needed in accounting and was not needed by an accountant. 'Nowhere' is limited to that.

But it is possible to generalise, but not in this thread and there is no desire to do so.

faa1947:

Clarification. progress was not needed in accounting and was not needed by an accountant. 'Nowhere' is limited to that.

But it is possible to generalise, but not in this thread and there is no desire to do so.

and why did you write the software in 90 anyway? let the chessboard on the millimeter.

You shouldn't have bought a calculator in the '80s. You know, calculators are more reliable.

Screw progress! Let's have pre-Petrine order!

ivandurak:

I don't understand a word of it! ))
>

sergeev:

and why did you write the software in 90 anyway? let it do the chessboard on the millimetre.

And you bought a calculator in the 1980s for nothing. It's more reliable, isn't it?

Screw progress! Let's have a pre-Petrine order!

Progress is only as necessary as the tasks at hand.

At some point, the cost of implementing and maintaining new accounting and control systems begins to exceed the economic effect of their use.

It often happens that a company invests millions of rubles in development and implementation of a new system and ends up with new people on staff, additional expenses, and no effect. But they have the coolest system.