[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 770

At one time I got up in the morning, got dressed and walked to the minibus. I ate on the bus.

jelizavettka:

That's the truth of the matter. All fuckers and womanizers are complete morons.

Men who are prone to casual and frequent sexual relations are likely to have untreated psychological traumas and what we call complexes. But they are not retarded.

There are many examples of artists who were essentially brilliant, but frequent and varied sexual encounters were the norm for them. Examples could go on and on.

alexeymosc:

.... to casual and frequent sexual relations, .....

Examples could go on and on.

Speaking of liaisons (continuing with the examples...)

The story is not mine, it's very interesting, so anyone who has the time and desire to cheer themselves up - I recommend it.
Dear Runet people, I'm here for some advice.

There is a cat. The cat weighs ten pounds.
There is a bed. The bed has a high soft backrest that is 10-15 centimeters wide.
And there are the owners of the cat who sleep on this bed.

At night the cat jumps on the headboard and walks on it. The cat has a nightly promenade. But since the cat was a cow in its past life and transferred some features to its present incarnation, it loses its balance on the fourth or fifth walk and flops down.
If I'm lucky, the cat falls down next to me. If I am not lucky, a ten-kilo cat always lands on my head.

Question: how do I get the cat out of this habit?

Have been tried:
- Sticky tapes spread on the headboard. (We spent half the night trying to get them off the mad cat, nearly scalped him).
- The cat's unloved scent of ylang-ylang. (The cat spat on the fact that the scent was unloved).
- Tangerine peels in large quantities (The cat squeamishly shoved the skins over my head, falling for them himself in the process).

What else can be done? With the sprinkler under my pillow, I was already asleep. The cat runs away, then comes back.
Got a lot of feedback. Two went straight in.
As promised, I'm reporting back.

I like simple and easy to implement ideas. So the suggestions to nail a shelf to the bed, to the cat, to his head, so that it was comfortable for him to fall on it, were put aside for later.

For a start, I took six balloons from a child, inflated them and pimped them between the wall and the bed. It turned out very pretty. My husband and I admired them and went to bed.

In the middle of the night a shot rang out. In my sleep I thought my husband had shot the cat (although the only weapon in our house is a water pistol). When the lights came on, the cat was sitting on the floor, surrounded by a scattering of blue balloons, squinting unhappily. He was given a kick, moved the balloons and went back to sleep. This was our strategic mistake, proving how little we know about cats.

The second and third balloons he blew after about twenty minutes and galloped off, laughing mockingly. My husband insistently asked me to put everything away and call it a day with my experiments. While I was hiding the marbles in the cupboard, the cat crept up to the biggest one and tapped it with his paw.

Net result: minus four marbles, minus two hours of sleep, minus eight metres of nerve fibres for two adults. Plus entertainment for the cat.

Then the backup went into action. The entire headboard of the bed was lined with foil in several layers to make it rustle louder. I assured my husband that he could now sleep in peace; the cat would not move on the foil for sure - he would be afraid.

Anyway, that's almost what happened. The cat came a couple of hours later, when we were asleep. He jumped down from the wardrobe onto the foil. The foil rustled, the cat freaked out, soared into the air and fell on my husband.

Net result: minus ten metres of foil, minus forty drops of motherwort for two adults. Plus entertainment for the cat.

That's how he looked at us this morning as we tried to make breakfast with shaky hands.

So, I had a problem that I came to the community with.

After foil and balloons didn't work, I started thinking in a different direction: how to keep the cat out of the bedroom at night.

The first thing that was used was a cat repellent. Unfortunately, the cat didn't realise it was a cat repellent. But my husband did, he wrinkled his nose and finally asked me to air out the room. So, I now have a husband repellent, who needs it - I can give it to him.

About as silly was the water basin. We put it in the expectation that the cat will splash around and forget about the bed (he loves water).
The reckoning was half-valid: the cat splashed, but did not forget about the bed. At night he came to us, shaking his wet paws. In my sleep he seemed to have twenty-two of them. He stepped on my face with ten of them, and ran the rest across the blanket and the sheet. Finally he kissed my husband on the nose with his wet muzzle, which dripped with water.

After that, my husband said to hell with the interior, he'd settle for a shelf.

In the evening he brought a lacquered board with a rim, fiddled with it for two hours, scolded the innocent bed, and finally put it back on. I wanted to say that it was better to let the cat fall on us than this thing (no one would have got out of it alive). But the look on my husband's face and decided to say nothing. All right, I think we'll sleep for one night and then I'll take it off for good measure.

In addition, the baby came running in before I went to bed and threw his toys on it. I waved goodbye and didn't fight because I wondered who the relatives would raise the baby if we were buried under a shelf.

(I must say I was worried for nothing: as it turned out, my husband had nailed it down to the good measure.)

At night the cat came to the shelf. He strolled imposingly to the middle of the shelf and touched one of the toys with his paw.
It turned out to be an interactive hamster "buh-ju pets.

At the touch of a cat's paw, the hamster turned on. It cried out invitingly:

I'd love to tell you what happened next. But I'm not going to lie: we didn't see it. And we didn't see the cat again until morning. The hamster ran to the edge of the shelf and killed himself, like a lemming, jumping off a cliff into a basin of water.

Result: We removed the shelf.
A watchdog hamster now sits on the headboard.
The cat doesn't come into the room. And if he happens to see a hamster through an ajar door, he swells up to the size of a Pallas' cat and retreat in terror.

There he is, our hero and saviour:

Fun fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOm8zog21wI&feature=related

A bit of 'advertising':

The cure for the over-indulgence. The Horse in the Coat Clinic. Head office in Karaganda.

The "Closed" supermarket chain! "Closed" we're already open! When all is closed, "Closed" is open. Discover Closed!

I have two words (the second is the plural of the first), but he obviously couldn't have said those...

Wagon. Ahh, the upbringing...

Right, man! Honestly, I didn't get it. :) Thank you, Alexei. The picture can be used as a spoilage test...