[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 231

Noterday:

THE PENGUIN IS LUCKY =)

there's a reason one of the linuxes is named Gentoo...

PapaYozh:

KVN - "all ahead of you."

I'm having trouble inserting the object.

Пользуйтесь ссылкой: http: //rutube.ru/tracks/1977872.html?v=f34351705086697729def3171a2af332

>

It's probably a representative of the office plankton. But I really liked the song.

Just a selection of footage of unusual accidents. You won't know about the backhoe there, if you haven't seen it before - a rotary excavator has backhoeed a 30 ton bulldozer, you can find footage of the accident on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uu-_YPJuzk&feature=related

Noterday:

THE PENGUIN IS LUCKY =)

And the footage - it's a real rip-off - a killer whale could have thrown itself and tried to grab the penguin off the side of the boat. That rubber thing would have capsized and the whole crew would have been in the water. They were risk-takers, though - they let the penguin walk on board. They were just lucky the killer whale wasn't hungry. I watched on Discovery Channel how these creatures with big wave manage to rush onto the shore, grab a seal that stands by the water and poke it, and with the next wave drag it into the ocean and eat it. Creepy what that flock of killer whales was capable of doing, hanging around the boat.

No one would have thrown themselves. Orcas are smart and can see well. I would not be surprised if they know that you can get a paddle on the nose for that. There's no point in them fighting with humans-people aren't tasty, fat, have plenty of bones, and you have to pick rubber boots out of their teeth and spit out their cloaks. The chicken's gone, there's plenty of others.

gip:
No one would have rushed in. Orcas are clever and can see well. ....

I won't argue with that statement. When any animal feels it might get a slap on the wrist, it's very good at thinking...

However, I should point out that the so-called "mind" of any dolphin... "intelligence" of all kinds of dolphins and other cetaceans is greatly exaggerated. Since long time in modern literature authors of fiction and non-fiction works consider them almost directly - "brothers on reason".

It is a tribute to fashion and not a "truth in the aftermath". One might as well consider pigs as "brothers in mind". By the way, pigs are much more intelligent and intelligent than dolphins.

But it is not profitable and not prestigious to study pigs! It is much more profitable and money to "use public funds" in the southern tropical seas, near exotic islands, on expensive ships and equipment.

On the other hand, one can write dissertations on dolphin squeaks and whistles and call these sounds "speech" of our marine brothers... "Peeple will eat it up..." !

Interesting article.

"The 'blue lobby' is an incumbent force in a host of legislative, executive and judicial bodies." (с)

"The Blue Lobby does not abandon its own" - http://www.compromat.info/page_29544.htm

Children's contraceptives launched in Switzerland

A study commissioned by the Federal Commission for Children and Youth found that the number of sexually active children in Switzerland has risen several times since the 1990s. It was found that many children were sexually active from the age of 12-14 years. Read more...

Oh my God, where are we going? :(

rid:

... the so-called "intelligence" of dolphins and similar cetaceans is greatly exaggerated. The "intelligence" of dolphins and other cetaceans has been greatly exaggerated. Since long time in modern literature authors of art and non-fiction works consider them almost directly - "brothers on mind".

It is a tribute to fashion and not a "truth in the aftermath". One might as well consider pigs as "brothers in mind". By the way, pigs are much more intelligent and intelligent than dolphins.

I do not know, maybe I personally just want to believe that marine mammals are not stupider (and maybe smarter) than us ...?

the example of people and wild untrained dolphins fishing together on islands in the Philippines.

And experiments with dolphin training, when in one experiment dolphins press the "yes" button and then the "no" button and in the other experiment the dolphin is told to bring the ring and the ball (while there is no ring in the pool) and it brings the ball, swims away and presses the "no" button?

Last summer in Kerch I personally witnessed the spectacle of a dolphin chasing a half-metre-long mullet to a small beach. It came so close that people had already started running out of the water. Everyone was looking at him. Caught the fish, he dived out with it in his teeth and SHOWED it to the spectators on the beach! Did he know they were watching? Hear the cheers? Sensed the emotion? Bragged about his agility? Or all of the above?

And as for the pigs... there are some pretty smart ones... working in the office next door)))