Wishes for MQL5 - page 107

niko1312 >> :

Try multiplying 4-digit quotes by 10... it's a bit of an approximation, but still...

And how do you distinguish within the same historical database (not visually) where 4 digits are used,

and where 5 figures are used? I.e. in one place one candle with 33 would be 33 "normal" pips, and in another place 330 would mean 33 "normal" pips.

chief2000 писал(а) >>

And how, within the same historical database, can you distinguish (not visually) where 4-digits are used,

and where 5-digits are used? I.e. in one place one candle with a height of 33 will mean 33 "normal" pips, and in another place 330 will mean 33 "normal" pips.

A very good question.
That's why I suggested 'legitimising' the concept of a 'clause' - the 5th digit.

As for the quotes, there are no difficulties; the old history should be processed in new terms - use the new Digits to evaluate the entire history.

And the difficulties arise when you transfer an Expert Advisor with rigid settings from one brokerage company to another. Because Digits is not a point.

What if...

a script to rewrite the entire history to five digits from the beginning to the day the five digits were entered?

1.1234 => 1.12345

Although, in theory, 1.1234 should appear as 1.12340

Anyway, the five digits are evil and GEMORROW.

)))

Question for MQL5 developers: the language has gone towards C++. So why not use any common open source C++ compiler with restrictions applied? (I understand myself that this question will not affect anything, but still...)

As far as I understood the Expert Advisor debugger appeared in MT5, but it is not available yet . When will the Strategy Tester in MT5 appear?

SK. >> :

This is a very good question.
That's why I suggested "legalising" the concept of a "pip" - the 5th significant digit.

As for the quotes, there are no difficulties; the old history should be processed in the new terms - use the new Digits to evaluate the entire history.

And difficulties arise when transferring EAs with rigid settings from one brokerage house to another. Because Digits is not a point.

Looks like Digits really gets it right. Thank you!

And in general I would prefer four digits for pips and where five digits are used decimal (e.g. 1.8 pips, not 18).

chief2000 писал(а) >>

Looks like Digits really gets it right. Thank you!

In general, I would prefer four-digit pips, and where there are five digits use decimal (e.g. 1.8 pips, not 18).

Yes. Only not four-digit, but in the fifth significant digit (e.g. in the yen it is the second cfr after the zpt). That is what I am talking about.

If you think about it a bit more, it turns out that the concept of a pip should be tied to (unknown to), for example, the dollar.

For example in the yen, the pip would move off when the usd/jpy crosses the 100.00 mark.

bring back mt4 trading rules !!! -

Nobody will trade like that!!! And make profitable strategies from 0!!!

Guys!!! Don't play with shame, don't make up bicycles!!!

bring back mt4 top rules !!!

Why 0?

my first script pack is up: Exp5-ClosePack v1

Question: will mql5 implement register variables, such as

register int left,right;

It would be very useful to speed up search algorithms :)