Wishes for MQL5 - page 123

Create a theme "The wishes for the tester in MT5", because everyone is waiting for it and there will be a lot of wishes...

From me personally these:

- level of sensitivity of the genetic algorithm - the smaller is this level, the more detailed is the selection

- more conditions for selection (sorting), including personally derived formula!!!

- Enabling/disabling cells (two-dimensional preview) during optimization to get rid of obviously unnecessary passes

- If you want to stop optimization and save it to be able to continue later, you have to save it every 5 min to protect from failures.

- possibility to specify related parameters, which depend on each other, so the tester understands that not one but two or three parameters are matched, so it won't waste time to find out what matched what...

- possibility to detach the tester from the main window, because there is often not enough space, and for the second monitor have to put the second MT, (and in general need a button to open the graph in a separate window)

- turning on of the publication on your website at each new peak of the passage (because you have to write such a thing for each EA)

- not two, but three or more colours for a two-dimensional preview, with setting of transition levels for each colour

- choice of sound signal for each new peak of the passage (you get tired of every time you are wiggling: "well, there is no...")

Shurik740 >>:

- возможность отсоединить тестер от основного окна, т.к. места часто не хватает, и для второго монитора приходится ставить второй МТ, (да и вообще нужна кнопка открыть график в отдельном окне)

Alternatively, you could make the Tester and Toolkit windows 'trigger'.

That is, when you switch on the tester, the other one disappears... and vice versa...

The icons are missing, such as circles, triangles, etc., so add them.

or make it possible to add or change them yourself.

You should have a torch to light up when you connect to a real account. I have lost serious money a couple of times just because I mixed up accounts.....

If you do not know how to use the trading robot, do not hesitate to use the trading robot. I would like for the terminal to display the message "Attention! Work is being carried out on a live account!!!".

You can, of course, turn off the notification if you wish.

Yeah... a lot of re-reading, sorry to intrude into the conversation, but just ask and go: is locking acceptable or not in MT5 ?

Trader's wish:

1) Frankly, very surprised that only the fifth version added the ability to move profit/stop
Orders can be moved using the mouse. In my opinion, such functionality screamed and begged for all the previous four versions.
I keep wondering why it is still not possible to open a position with preset parameters
(volume, pips for stop and profit orders) with one click
. You can do it with two, but in a row ;-)
I know, I know that you can put a button on a chart...

2) I would like to be able to "drag" a chart with a mouse inside the window in any direction.

I consider both of them as a "must have" in order to claim the title of the best product in its class.
I opened an account with a western broker, only because such simple but very useful things have long been implemented in their platform (plus COM and Java API)

Programmer's wish:

The built-in language is very good, but I would like to have a more open environment.
Provide at least the ability to call back functions.
Things like COM interfaces with a root Application interface for external control and data retrieval, I'm not even dreaming of.
The language is sorely lacking in structures or records.
In version 4, data did not exist separately from its graphical representation (correct me if I'm wrong).
In other words, tying business logic to the visual representation of data looks very strange to me.
I think pogrammers will understand me. I hope version 5 makes some steps towards classic architecture -
data, business logic, visual representation.
Why, one might ask, does a blind robot (business logic) need visual representations of charts and indicators.

As you can see, my wishes and hopes (underlined) are very modest, but I really want to give it a 5+ instead of 4.

Being realistic, I have not listed a lot of other desires.

Best wishes,
Igor.

I would like a string function

= UPPER( sStr )
= LOWER( sTrs )
= SPACE( x )

YuraZ >>:

Холелось бы функции работы со строками

= UPPER( sStr )
= LOWER( sTrs )

Do you mean these functions ?

I suspect that my wishes are a bit out of the realm of fantasy, but I'll give them to you anyway:
1. A Linux version of the terminal.
2. a simpler and more functional scripting language (a la python or lua)

xtonic >>:
Подозреваю что мои пожелания из разряда фантастики, но все же их озвучу:
1. Версия терминала под линукс.
2. Более простой и функциональный скриптовой язык (а-ля python или lua)

1.Feet and hands in favour!

2.How much easier/better can MQLs be?