The coolest advisor, never seen before!!!! - page 19

bstone:
ufkef:
I'm sure no one here on this forum is up to the task!

Hilarious, thanks. Saved a little more on the sour cream.

Here's a simpler problem: an arbitrary triangle is drawn, how to draw a straight line with a pencil and a ruler so that it intersects only one side of the triangle? touching a vertex counts as two intersections. Can you solve it? I don't even doubt it, because the problems are practically the same.

Of course I have solved this problem, this problem has no solution if the problem is from the field of classical education (Aristotelian) which is taught at school, because there is a theorem about the number of intersections of a closed curve! where it is stated that the closed curve is intersected by a line in at least two points!
but if it is a chumba yumba education problem then there are as many solutions as you want!
An example of a chumba yumba problem:
A shepherd grazes 5 sheep. A wolf comes and eats one sheep. The question is how many sheep are left?
The answer is 5 sheep, because there are no wolves on the island of Chumba-Yumba!

The challenge is this:

Here you are dying and you have your beautiful immortal soul, with righteous deeds. On your deathbed, you can still change something, depending on your actions. Either with God, or with the Devil, or you may just die as nobody needs you. What's on anybody's mind?

The problem of a circle touching three given ones is the Apollonius problem. A classic but standard above-average exercise in the application of inversion. And who were you trying to surprise by knowing the solutions to standard problems, Galois? Better find such mathematics that is adequate to the problems solved by the trader. ... By the way, if you are so interested in affine transformations, get acquainted with Tactica Adversa. Here's a field for you to apply your mental energy.

ufkef:

Did it help you to write your advisor? So school "maths" is not maths yet.
But thanks for the task, now I understand your "level of awesomeness". :-)

ufkef:
bstone:
ufkef:
I'm sure no one here on this forum can handle such a task!

That's hilarious, thanks. Saved a little more on the sour cream.

Here's a simpler problem: you draw an arbitrary triangle, how to draw a straight line with a pencil and a ruler so that it intersects only one side of the triangle? a vertex touching counts as two intersections. Can you solve it? I don't even doubt it, because the problems are practically the same.

Is the straight line of strictly defined length or can it be extended???
Preliminary
The straight line must lie in another plane or one side of the triangle must be extended.

Mathemat:
The problem of a circle touching three given ones is the Apollonius problem. A classic but standard above-average exercise in the application of inversion. And who were you trying to surprise by knowing the solutions to standard problems, Galois? Better find such mathematics that is adequate to the problems solved by the trader. ... By the way, if you are so interested in affine transformations, get acquainted with Tactica Adversa. Here's a field for you to apply your mental energy.

I know it's an Apolonia problem, I'm asking if anyone here can solve it or not.
I did!!!!

Yurixx:
ufkef:

Did it help you to write your advisor? So school "maths" is not maths yet.
But thanks for the task, now I understand your "level of awesomeness" :-)
You're a naive guy, and you're probably not very bright!
This problem has had no solution for centuries!
For your information!
And even now not many mathematicians can solve it!
You're naive!
You're a man with a low level of development, as you've said yourself!

Mathemat:

You'll solve it :)
It's so simple, just above medium difficulty!
Believe me, it'll take you more than a lifetime to figure it out!

you'll solve it :)
It's so simple, just above medium difficulty!
Believe me, you'll never have enough time in your life!

Galois, you clearly have a talent for starting things up, that's for sure. You've had the attention of the forum people for 19 pages now. Very commendable.

I agree with you: the task is formally elementary, but not trivial at all. I suspect that it was only solved together with the inversion transformation invention. Even so, the well-known solution in Prasolov's Problems in Planimetry shows only its solvability in principle by means of the compass and ruler. The literal construction itself by these tools is not given there - it is obviously not simple at all, is intuitively not obvious and is unlikely to be carried out by a person familiar only with school geometry. When I was at one very good school (FMSS No. 18, if it means anything to you), we had a corresponding course, and we solved various problems with the use of inversion. I don't remember exactly, but I think we got acquainted with this problem too (at any rate, I know the name "Apollonius" in connection with it). I can tell you even more: I am also familiar with the Gaussian theory of the division of the circle and clearly understand why you can divide a circle into 5 and 17 equal arcs with a compass and ruler, but why not into 11.

I'm also a very keen person, and I was still relatively recently literally gripped by the famous unsolved problems - Riemann, Fermat (Great), Lebesgue (about the figure of minimum area covering any with a diameter of 1). I still have the relevant notes with my own 'insights'. But one day I suddenly realised that I didn't need all that, although it's great for training my brain - and I turned to practical mathematics, which can pay real dividends. That day I saw FOREX, and from that time on I no longer returned to the Great and Unsolved Problems of Mathematics. I have quite enough unsolved problems related specifically to FOREX.

As for this particular problem, it still distracted me from my daily routine for a couple of hours - and I haven't solved it, although the use of inversion is strikingly obvious here, and it seems easy to solve by this method. I don't really like Prasolov's solution, as it's not very elegant enough. I'll give it some time and I'll be sure to let you know when I've solved it. Of course, with the help of inversion, but in a different way than his.

I'm telling you all this because your claims of having a super-high IQ are worthless if you're not using them to achieve success. You're not the first or last one to make such a statement on this and other trading forums. Take on real challenges, get results, and you won't have to prove your abilities to others afterwards.

The mathematician knows the ropes! Well done!:) I loved it, I cried:)