Bill Williams and his strategies... - page 13

C-4:

What's that got to do with tics? I haven't said a word about them. Prival suggests to remove time from the charts and cut the equivolume bars. But it does not change the situation. As far as I know, the TS results on such charts are the same as on temporary ones.

As for the chorus, that's a good point. It has to be noted. Everyone uses what he wants and everyone sees what he sees. Arguments, even if they exist, are not needed on either side. We need faith in something, and it does not matter whether it works or not, because if there is no faith, then there is nothing at all.

+100)

Without faith, man is even more weak...

C-4:

What's that got to do with tics? I haven't said a word about them. Prival suggests to remove time from the charts and cut the equivolume bars. But it does not change the situation. As far as I know, the TS results on such charts are the same as on temporary ones.

As for the chorus, that's a good point. It has to be noted. Everyone uses what he wants and everyone sees what he sees. Arguments, even if they exist, are not needed on either side. We need faith in something, and it doesn't matter whether it works or not, because if there is no faith, then there is nothing at all.

Well, that's extreme. Then you have to flip a coin to sell or buy, open a position and pray. And wait for faith to drive the price in the right direction

As always, the bickering started))) And so wanted to distract the weekend from practice to theory and clever)))) Anyway, maybe someone will be interested in this information http://physicalsystems.narod.ru/index07.10.0.html and have fresh thoughts)))

Mathemat: The strength of a level is not determined by how many people play it, but by the strength of the financial power behind that level. Of course, this info is not for little things like us.

Hello. Something occurred to me about what you wrote. Couldn't we try to deduce such levels in the following way: If some large sharks defend a level, then we can assume that the ratio of price movement (or its increments) to tick volume (or to its increments) during such a process is distributed differently than during other moments, based on the assumption that small investors and speculators performing "small" operations are always in vast majority, and this distribution is more uniform or gentle (when the level is not defended)?

artikul:
As usual, things got heated )))) I thought I'd take my mind off practice and the theory at the weekend and get smart )))) Anyway, maybe someone will be interested in this information http://physicalsystems.narod.ru/index07.10.0.html and have fresh thoughts)))

Cicavo!

Thanks - haven't read it yet, but the idea is right.

Money is a substrate/surrogate of energy.

And you have to treat it as such...

;)

-Aleksey-:

Hello. Something occurred to me about what you wrote. Couldn't we try to deduce such levels in the following way: If some big sharks defend a level, then we can assume that the ratio of price movement (or its increments) to tick volume (or to its increments) during such process is distributed differently than at other moments, based on the assumption that small investors and speculators performing "small" operations are always in the vast majority, and the said distribution is more even, or more gentle (when the level is not defended)?

Sharks do not defend levels. At some circular levels the pendants of very big players - hedge funds, banks, etc. are placed. Price behaves differently around such levels

C-4:
On the contrary - the volume, one of the few fundamental values of the FA. Volume is precisely the building block that binds price, volatility and timing. It is volume that is part of the fundamental supply-demand relationship.

If you mean the tick volume - there is nothing there, because it depends only on the broker/quote supplier, and no matter how you look for correspondence, even in everyone's favourite "Nizza" or Dukas, there is still nothing there.

for the real traded volume of currency, that's debatable info - there are many brokers, where they output their orders, there is some statistics, but then there is the options market (CME), there the volumes where specified where not, and the price does not need to be moved by huge buy or sell, it is enough to remove orders from the pipeline on the right side (buy/sell) by the same brokers and the price, according to the law of supply and demand (here supply and demand works ;) will go where the orders are.

I hope we're talking about the Forex market? Shares and commodities have different pricing drivers

imho - the forex market has no economic reasoning, no law of supply and demand, the market is speculative, the only goal is to "eat each other up" regardless of its value. Another issue is that the market is logical - therefore currencies against each other (crosses) make major trends at the level of inflation or % bank rates

ZS: there is a lot of information on the internet saying that options can be guided by volumes and their prices, but unfortunately the same internet reports that they lose more than they earn, even large hedge funds

Well, as for the point: Williams writes quite good, but I do not see even a hint of his strategy on the charts, the price does not want to follow his drawings of fractal bars and the MFI indicator ))))

Demi:

the sharks are not defending the levels. At some circular levels there are pending orders from very big players - hedge funds, banks, etc. Around such levels the price behaves differently

it's good to hear some sensible speeches.

last months' futures and options have become a reality...

And they do.

Sorento:

it's good to hear some sensible speeches.

last months' futures and options have become a reality...

and are making it.

learning from the Master

IgorM:

If you mean the tick volume - there is nothing there, because it depends only on the broker/quote supplier, and no matter how you look for correspondence, even in everyone's favourite "Nizza" or Dukas, there is still nothing there.

for the real traded volume of currency, that's debatable info - there are many brokers, where they output their orders there is some statistics, but there is also options market (CME), there the volume is sometimes indicated where not, and the price does not need to be moved by huge buy or sell, it is enough to remove orders from the pipeline on the right side (buy/sell) by the same brokers and the price, according to the law of supply and demand (here supply and demand works ;) will go where the orders are.

I hope we're talking about the Forex market? Shares and commodities have different pricing drivers

imho - the forex market has no economic reasoning, no law of supply and demand, the market is speculative, the only goal is to "eat each other up" regardless of its value. Another issue is that the market is logical - therefore currencies against each other (crosses) by and large make trends at the level of inflation or bank interest rates

ZS: there is a lot of information on the internet saying that options can be guided by volumes and their prices, but unfortunately the same internet reports that they lose more than they earn even large hedge funds

Well, as for the point: Williams writes quite good, but I don't see even a hint of his strategy on the charts, the price does not want to follow his drawings of fractal bars and the MFI indicator ))))

Igor! I cannot agree with you.

In tick flow - if you really see volume, it's very good to throw in to compensate for the difference...