What does a freelancing client pay for for an EA in exp format or for open source code? - page 17

prostotrader:

Yuri!

You have absolutely wrong idea about graphic formats!

Raw format - the original format WITHOUT any compression - (pixel by pixel)

JPEG format - it's compression, quality is inevitably lost when compressing - unpacking.

My wife is a member of Russian Union of Artists and I take photos only in ro-format. But I'm not talking about quality, but the possibility of processing it. You cannot edit a compiled file. You can edit any jpeg freely.

Alexey Oreshkin:

Everyone may have their own specifics of implementation. For example, I never give my code to anyone, or for a fee. But I always discuss questions concerning the code before starting work because I know that this question is painful for everybody.

Not at all. I write a lot of code to order, just not on this site. I don't like to work for $10, and for $100 frankly speaking too. What's the sense in selling your time for such pennies?

How the customer will be able to prove that this is your "bug", if your Expert Advisor works incorrectly?

Youri Tarshecki:
My wife is a member of the Russian Union of Photographers and I only take photos in R-format myself. But I'm not talking about quality, but the principle possibility of processing. You cannot edit a compiled file. You can edit any jpeg freely.

You're in over your head!

You talk about graphic formats, then about sources and compilation results.

new-rena:
That is, I would not talk to you after your suggestions to increase the price on nothing. In current freelancing the price for the job is set at once and willing to do each job - not one.

The price and other nuances are negotiated once, before the start of work. how can the price change afterwards? You don't need to mix things up or make your own conjectures.

prostotrader:
How can the client prove that it is your fault if your EA is working incorrectly?

I do not give guarantees that it is a faulty performance.
I do not guarantee that the EA will make money, but it will work in accordance with the TOR, that's for sure. All EAs I have written to order have the ability to enable/disable detailed logs of EA's operation. If the customer that just seems, then I specifically ask about the situation and try to reconstruct it myself to understand where the problem comes from. If the error in the code, I fix it, of course, for free. If the error in the TOR, then depending on the complexity of the fix, I can fix it for free. In general, I always find a common language.

prostotrader:

You're in over your head!

You are talking about graphical formats, then about sources and compilation results.

The exp format is not like a jpg in a photograph. It's like a photo on paper. It cannot be edited.

Alexey Oreshkin:

The price and other nuances are negotiated once, before the start of work. how can the price change afterwards? You don't have to mix things up or make your own conjectures.

What's a flawed job?
I'm not guaranteeing that the EA will earn money, but it will work in accordance with the TOR, that's for sure. All EAs I wrote to order have the ability to enable/disable detailed logs of EA's operation. If the customer that just seems, then I specifically ask about the situation and try to restore it at myself to understand where the problem comes from. If the error in the code, I fix it, of course, for free. If the error in the TOR, then, depending on the complexity of the fix, I can fix it for free. In general, I always find a common language.

Obviously, greed will be the enemy's undoing.

Now, no one's going to be a second bill....

Youri Tarshecki:

The exp format - in its properties - is not like a jpg in a photograph. It is like a photo on paper. It cannot be edited.

Yes I understand, you just cited JPEG format as an example (not quite right :) )

new-rena:
So I wouldn't talk to you about anything else after you've offered to increase the price. In current freelancing, the price for a job is set at once and there is more than one person willing to do each job.
First, customers choose programmers who are willing to work for a packet of cigarettes and a bottle of beer, then they come to the conclusion that programming is a craft...

Alexey Oreshkin:

The price and other details are negotiated once, before the job starts. how can the price change afterwards? Don't mix things up or feed into your own speculation.

What constitutes erroneous work?
I'm not guaranteeing that the EA will earn money, but it will work in accordance with the TOR, that's for sure. All EAs I wrote to order have the ability to enable/disable detailed logs of EA's operation. If the customer that just seems, then I specifically ask about the situation and try to restore it at myself to understand where the problem comes from. If the error in the code, I fix it, of course, for free. If the error in the TOR, then, depending on the complexity of the fix, I can fix it for free. In general, I always find a common language.

Here is another one.

Remember him, do not get caught.

Vladimir Suschenko:
First, customers choose programmers willing to work for a packet of cigarettes and a bottle of beer, then they come to the conclusion that programming is a craft...

No, it is not.

First, the client allocates a sum of money that he is prepared to pay, and then the contractor thinks whether he needs it or not. And if the customer cannot find a contractor, he raises the price.

If the contractor is conscientious, the customer usually works only with that contractor thereafter.