What does a freelancing client pay for for an EA in exp format or for open source code? - page 16

Anton Zverev:

If I had ordered an EA, I would have fallen for the same trick.

I work with designers at other freelance sites and they always send me the source file. Although I do not ask.

And here I would not even think that the artist will send me only compiled file. In short, it's nonsense...

Wow! Even designers give away source files.

I once saw a conversation somewhere between photographers, there was an argument about whether to give customers a photoshoot raw. Half of them thought they should, and the other half didn't.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Wow! Even designers give away the source material.

I once saw photographers talking somewhere and there was an argument about whether to give customers the raw photo shoot. Half of them thought they should, and half didn't.

Raw is the same picture, isn't it?

Anton Zverev:
Isn't that the same picture?
Yes, but in the highest (original) resolution.

Why would the customer want to give the source code away? If it is somehow specified in the ToR, yes, but not by default, of course. I would not even think of sharing the source code.

prostotrader:
Yes, but in the highest (original) resolution.
The analogy is not a good one. Of course, you need skills and special applications to process raw format. But both raw and jpegs are equally available for further processing. Here it's more like if a photographer had sent me printed pics without any digital media and just sent them by regular mail. And the arbitrator would tell you - what are you unhappy about? You got the image!

Youri Tarshecki:
The analogy is not a very good one. Of course, you need skills and special applications to process raw format. But both raw and jpegs are equally available for further processing. Here it's more like if a photographer had sent me printed pics without any digital media and just sent them by regular mail. And the arbitrator would tell you - what are you unhappy about? You got the image!

Yuri!

You have absolutely wrong idea about graphic formats!

Raw format - the original format WITHOUT any compression - (pixel by pixel)

And JPEG is a compressed format; quality is inevitably lost when you pack it up and unpack it.

Alexey Oreshkin:
Why would the customer want to give the source code away? If it is somehow specified in the ToR, yes, but not by default, of course. There would be no thought of sharing the source code.
This is insolent appropriation of another's ideas, someone else's project. If the contractor would do that, I would tell him to fuck off and would not pay at all, plus I would put him as a disgrace, so he would be "blacklisted" by all potential customers.

Alexey Oreshkin:
Why would the customer want to give the source code away? If it is somehow specified in the ToR, yes, but not by default, of course. I would not even think of sharing the source code.
How nice that you are not a freelancer!

new-rena:
It's a cheeky appropriation of someone else's idea.

Everyone may have their own specifics of implementation. For example, I never give my code to anyone, or for a fee. But I always discuss questions concerning the code before starting work because I know that this question is painful for everybody.

prostotrader:
It's a good thing you're not a freelancer!

Not at all. I write a lot of code to order, just not on this site. I don't like to work for $10, and for $100 frankly speaking too. What's the sense in selling your time for such pennies?

Alexey Oreshkin:

Everyone may have their own specifics of implementation. For example, I never give my code to anyone, or for a fee. But I always discuss questions concerning the code before starting work because I know that this question is painful for everybody.

Not at all. I write a lot of code to order, just not on this site. I don't like to work for $10, and for $100 frankly speaking too. What's the sense in selling your time for such pennies?

That is, I would not talk to you after your suggestions to increase the price on nothing. In the current freelance market, the price for a job is set at once and there is more than one person willing to do each job.