Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 78

My result:

The match is 100%.

Number of FF calls (with an initial string of 49 characters): 904

I'll post an exe of the script tomorrow.

Andrey Dik:
Prize money for the text problem? -I didn't understand the question.
I was just asking. Whatever, the prize money... :)

Реter Konow:

My result:

100% match.

Number of calls to the FF (with an initial string of 49 characters): 904

"I don't believe it!" (с)

Well, you can certainly paste Dahl or Ozhegov's dictionary into the algorithm and make comparisons with known words, but then if the text in the problem won't have meaningful words (eg - a random set of letters), then such an algorithm is sure to "go nuts".

Andrey Dik:

"I don't believe it!" (с)

Of course, you can also add Dahl or Ozhegov dictionaries to the algorithm and compare with known words, but then if the text in the problem won't have any meaningful words (e.g. random set of letters), then such an algorithm will definitely "crash".

This "very complex" problem can be solved in 892 calls to FF by 100% with just two nested loops,

Event:
This "very complex" problem is solved in 892 calls to FF at 100% with just two nested loops,
without any evolutionary algorithms :)

Yes? Very interesting!

Is it because you've seen what's inside FF? - Or does your magic "two nested loops" solve any optimization problem?

Andrey Dik:

Yes? Very interesting!

Is it because you've seen what's inside the FF? - Or does your magic "two nested loops" solve any optimization problems?

I didn't specify for nothing - this task.
You can insert any text. The main thing is to know the length of the string. And you just search for parameters from min to max.
It's elementary. You just have to think outside the box.

Event:
You can insert any text you like. The main thing is to know the length of the string. And just go through the parameters from min to max.
It's not that simple, I assure you. :)

Реter Konow:
It's not that simple, I assure you. :)
How, have you seen my version yet? :)

Event:
You can insert any text you like. The main thing is to know the length of the string. And just go through the parameters from min to max.
That's great! Non-standard approaches are, if not the key to success, then, at least, not a bad foundation for it. So you'll be battling your peers in the championship?